Thread: BBC alternator mounting ideas...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok I am almost done with my kachina. I am getting ready to mount my alt. Can some of you guys post some pics of your setups. I just want a few ideas.I am tired of the plain jane look, so I am going with a more upto date look Oh and I am not going off the driveshaft so no need to waste time posting pics of that kind of setup

454-ways-to-go
    buddy i thought you were going to fire with out an alt!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Im going to but I will eventually need one johnson Take your ass to bed!! Its past your bedtime

454-ways-to-go
    why be fancy? run it off your front pulley and call it a day.then go throw some tail yeahhh

why be fancy? run it off your front pulley and call it a day.then go throw some tail yeahhh
    i agree..."simple is better!"...just hook it up...fire it up & go throw some tail up & hurry it up!! lol
    fastrat

lucky
    if you want to do somthing no one else has done - try runnning it of the boat with a paddle wheel -- :smile:

460 jus getn it
    Ok I am almost done with my kachina. I am getting ready to mount my alt. Can some of you guys post some pics of your setups. I just want a few ideas.I am tired of the plain jane look, so I am going with a more upto date look Oh and I am not going off the driveshaft so no need to waste time posting pics of that kind of setup
    why dont you just put the alt where it goes and call it a day. there is no need to get fancy, just get that thing in the water and worry about everything elese

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Nothing fancy. I can mount it puuuurdy when I mount it. Then I dont have to do it a second time

obnoxious001
    The "trick" way to do it is with the Rex Marine mount that lets the alternator drive off the harmonic balancer with a spider coupler. The only drawback is if you have a rear seat right in front of the engine. Not only a super nice looking unit, it also slows down alternator speed. I actually run that setup in my street rod, in conjunction with an electric water pump, so that I have no v-belts or pulleys whatsoever.

Jeanyus
    I have the old style motor mount plate, so I had to mount the alt farther from the engine block. This set up is simple, the belt has never come off.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859alt.jpg