Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: weiand big blowers bye bye

revndave
    I run a cooler on my lake boat.But it runs for long distances.Drag boats dont need a cooler for 1/4mile passes.

djdtpr
    Ditch the intercooler and you'll be sounding like your buddy.
    "dude, i cant make it to the cove, its melting down"
    Hey what the heck are you doing in the blower dept?Hanging out here wont make you cool like us so dont think it will!go find a thread that talks about pump gas motors and duel carbs and guys that dream about puting nos an there stuff.If he went bigger than he wont have to spin the blowere as hard there for not creating heat and that means if he wanted to he could get away with not running the intercooler.I personaly would keep it and run it even on a bigger setup cause first and formost its a river boat,and you drive it a bunch and hard.

cyclone
    i was thinking that if I had a 14-71 i could possibly underdrive it and still make the same amount of boost. Not much need for an innercooler then. Chris is right though. After running down the river for 10 minutes straight it wont matter how big the blower is-it'll still get hot and inneffective. I was thinking of ditching the innercooler so that i could fit the motor under an ez up at the campground or track. As it sits now i have to have someone lift the canopy up just to back the trailer beneath it and that's with my low profile scoop. Imagine how giant the motor would be if i had a fiberglass scoop on it. Its a big ass motor!

flat broke
    i was thinking that if I had a 14-71 i could possibly underdrive it and still make the same amount of boost. Not much need for an innercooler then. Chris is right though. After running down the river for 10 minutes straight it wont matter how big the blower is-it'll still get hot and inneffective. I was thinking of ditching the innercooler so that i could fit the motor under an ez up at the campground or track. As it sits now i have to have someone lift the canopy up just to back the trailer beneath it and that's with my low profile scoop. Imagine how giant the motor would be if i had a fiberglass scoop on it. Its a big ass motor!
    Two ways to skin the cat with regards to the height deal cheif. Dumping the carbs for a hat would lower you about the same as loosin your chiller. I know this guy with a 21 that used to run injection, maybe he could set you up with a surge tank etc. Since you don't have to sweat back seat clearance, it should be no problem getting the fuel pump in there. Besides, blowers just look more badass with injection.
    In all seriousness, keep the Chiller. It's paid for, and regardless of how much heat you're seeing from the blower, it will also help combat higher ambient air temps as noted by others above. Crap, if your really only worried about the height of things, get some coffee cans with cement in them for the feet of the ezup. Or for that f'in matter, you can get a taller ez up
    Keep the Chiller!
    Chris

revndave
    Two ways to skin the cat with regards to the height deal cheif. Dumping the carbs for a hat would lower you about the same as loosin your chiller. I know this guy with a 21 that used to run injection, maybe he could set you up with a surge tank etc. Since you don't have to sweat back seat clearance, it should be no problem getting the fuel pump in there. Besides, blowers just look more badass with injection.
    In all seriousness, keep the Chiller. It's paid for, and regardless of how much heat you're seeing from the blower, it will also help combat higher ambient air temps as noted by others above. Crap, if your really only worried about the height of things, get some coffee cans with cement in them for the feet of the ezup. Or for that f'in matter, you can get a taller ez up
    Keep the Chiller!
    Chris
    What guy is this. I'm not getting rid of surge tank.I may have injection again.Depends on how carbs work.

cyclone
    no way would i ditch my super reliable carbs for a hat. i push the button and the boat starts every time. meanwhile all my friends with hats cross their fingers that their boats will start. just ask willis what happend the last time we were both on the rope and he couldnt get his started.

blown23vee
    i'd like a 10 or 12 that i could drive slower and reduce the intake temp a bit. Ideally, i'd like to ditch the innercooler and trade it and the 8-71 for a bigger blower.
    Hey Cyclone, check your PM!

go find a thread that talks about pump gas motors and duel carbs and guys that dream about puting nos an there stuff.
    If he went bigger than he wont have to spin the blowere as hard there for not creating heat and that means if he wanted to he could get away with not running the intercooler.I personaly would keep it and run it even on a bigger setup cause first and formost its a river boat,and you drive it a bunch and hard.
    dreaming about nos huh? Im not on nos just yet, but im not dreaming either.
    I disagree with some of the blower/intercooler stuff, but thats ok.
    You looking into a intercooler at all DJD?

djdtpr
    CS tha intercooler is in the works for this winter.I like driving the new boat so much i need one now.

MAXIMUS
    no way would i ditch my super reliable carbs for a hat. i push the button and the boat starts every time. meanwhile all my friends with hats cross their fingers that their boats will start. just ask willis what happend the last time we were both on the rope and he couldnt get his started.
    I am running a super heavy 1471 that once was 28% under driven with my intercooler & hat. It made 6psi of boost at 6100. Now I am 13% under for a little more boost. It don't matter how big or how under driven those pigs are they still make heat! Now as far as the hat vs carbs... Well lets just say don't run the hat, you would hate it!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast