Thread: Changing oil help

glamis
    Ok im trying to drain the oil in my 496mag i've pulled the drain hose out the back but the oil just trickles out is there a valve somewhere ? need to fix fast leaveing for river in the morning thanks.

hboldno7
    run the motor till the oil temp comes up a bit then it will drain much easier

Ziggy
    Usually takes quite a while for it all to run out of a hose like that..patience, just put the oil in the mrning before you leave and don't forget to replace cap on the hose.

glamis
    I ran the moter for a while it didnt help why the hell does it take so long?I'm in a hurry

hboldno7
    you can pump it out with a drill motor. i always change my oil after a day on the water, it drains out of the hose much easier.

Ziggy
    glamis:
    I ran the moter for a while it didnt help why the hell does it take so long?I'm in a hurry Hose is usually much smaller diameter than the normal drain plug...take off the filler cap, might help by a half hour or so
    I've seen others use a vacumm devise and pull it out right through the dipstick...wouldn't reccomend tho, to much old oil left.

Jrocket
    glamis:
    I ran the moter for a while it didnt help why the hell does it take so long?I'm in a hurry You did hook it up to water hose when you ran it right? Do you have the valve all the way open?

HammerDown
    Your oil will never get hot enough by running the motor in the driveway...plus ya want it all mixed up so as any debre is suspended in the oil.
    I change mine after a day out on the water...as soon as it gets on the trailer...it all comes out with the remote drain hose in a few short minutes.
    And that hot straight 40Wt.