Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donzi Boats?

Bryan Rose
    Any one have anything good or bad to say about them I know this belongs in hot boats section but I thought it would be a good place for exposure. The model I am looking at is a 27 ZX twin step hull with a hp 500 carb motor in it. The year is a 97. it is the same hull they use as a factory 1 race boat, and seems to be good for up to about 80 MPH . The curent set up on it he is saying nets 68 MPH and I am fine with that... I currently have a fast jet and need something for the Familly in the making. when I smoke this motor I will shove my 632 in there.So any suggestions for me here , give me some feedback.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...66DSC00684.JPG
    Bryan

Jbb
    Is that teal.......?....... :wink:

Bryan Rose
    Is that teal.......?....... :wink:
    Unfortunatlely.....Nothing a little awl-grip cant fix.....

Jbb
    Unfortunatlely.....Nothing a little awl-grip cant fix.....
    Negative.....Teal is making a comeback...Long live Miami Vice....Crockett...Tubbs ...and Elvis.... :smile:

Bryan Rose
    Negative.....Teal is making a comeback...Long live Miami Vice....Crockett...Tubbs ...and Elvis.... :smile:
    JBB Got any more info other than being an exterior decorator LOL.
    I thik it is a lot of boat for the money..... guy is asking $34,000 and I think it could be bought for $30,000. I feel max size in this type boat before going to twins. Not much to choose from on the east coast with out spending a fortune....
    Come on guys give me some feedback. I guess because it is not a west coast custom no one has any opinions.
    Bryan

Adolph
    Donzi makes a good solid boat, usually over priced in my opinion. This seems like a decent deal.... depending on hours and condition of the boat.
    Does it include a trailer?

hotlavey
    Donzi makes a good solid boat, usually over priced in my opinion. This seems like a decent deal.... depending on hours and condition of the boat.
    Does it include a trailer?
    OffshoreOnly has a current post regarding a Donzi that ended up on the beach or on a pier after making a sharp left turn, throwing everyone out(4 or 5 people), driver did not have the kill teather attached, so the boat continued to hit a few other boats and docks. The deck separated from the hull. Can't remember all the details but some of the posters were ragging on the quality of Donzi's.

ECeptor
    From NADA.com
    1997 DONZI MARINE INC
    DONZI MARINE INC
    Stern Drive Power Boat
    27 ZX
    Low Retail Average Retail
    $24,000 $28,900
    Reported Engine Range: 426 - 470 HP (8.1L )
    Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Add: $2,065
    TOTAL PRICE $26,065 $30,965
    Use this info to help negotiate a lower price. Also, go to boattrader.com and search in your price range for boat in your area. You might find a better deal or at least might find something you can leverage when negotiating.
    At 6,000lbs, it seems a bit heavy for a single engine 27'er. But the twin steps are damn nice (and rare) for a boat in the price range. Overall, hard to say. I really don't like teal so I would be looking elsewhere for something in red!

Jbb
    Ok.....I have been to alot of East Coast Poker runs and there are a few Donzi's in all of them....they seem to be happy with them....Not the fastest in the bunch....and kind of heavy ...i think......but I have never heard any owners complaining.....In my opinion,however that is a big boat to have a single engine in....
    You could nose around in here and find out some info too....Donzi (http://www.donzi.net/forums/index.php)

Riverkid
    My buddy had a 38ZX with 500's, gen, cabin air, fully loaded up. First run to catalina the TV and microwave fell out. Three months into it the cabin air unit delam'd off the bottom of the hull and started rolling around inside the cabin, under the floor. It went through a grand total of 5 drives (IMO the X dim was way too high) before it sank tied to the dock in NB overnight (leak developed between the stand off box and the gimbal housing). Both insurance and Donzi then proceeded to sue each and every shop that ever worked on it, and the boat owner got ZERO from anyone, but $30K in legal $$$. And this was with that fine Donzi extended warranty mind you.
    Think hard about that brand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast