Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 496HO stalling

phebus
    For the first time ever, my 496HO occasionally stalls while idling. I don't know if I got some bad fuel or what, but I am going to replace both fuel filters, and go from there. The fuel was purchased at the AM/PM Arco at So. Palo Verde and Lake Havasu Ave, and when we went by there the next day, all the pump handles were bagged, and the station was closed. Other then at idle, the boat runs great.
    Any other ideas? It sure can be a bitch getting it back on the trailer when it's stalling in neutral!!

INSman
    That gas station deals sounds suspicious and possibly more than a coincidence !!! :idea:
    Nice meeting you this past weekend and take care of that back of yours

Throttle
    For the first time ever, my 496HO occasionally stalls while idling. I don't know if I got some bad fuel or what, but I am going to replace both fuel filters, and go from there. The fuel was purchased at the AM/PM Arco at So. Palo Verde and Lake Havasu Ave, and when we went by there the next day, all the pump handles were bagged, and the station was closed. Other then at idle, the boat runs great.
    Any other ideas? It sure can be a bitch getting it back on the trailer when it's stalling in neutral!!
    rick, this does not sound good, bad gas... Hey how da hell are you? I'm gonna be on havi fri, sat, sun... would love to meet up with you guys... let me know!

Kilrtoy
    It was nice to see you again this past weekend. Sorry to hear about the gas, maybe that is why you could not catch up to me

cc322
    I had a similar situation with my old boat, "carberated" when I would use the woodys gas. From there on I have always used Chevron or 76 and have never had a issue. They are more expensive but I think a better blend of fuel. Good luck.

phebus
    I'm hoping it is just a bad fuel issue. I have about 1/2 tank full in each tank, and I don't know if I can just top the tanks up with good fuel and run it through, or if I can use some kind of fuel treatment, or what I need to do. In all, it is about 40 gallons, and if I had to siphon it out, I don't know what I would do with it. I will be replacing both fuel filters.
    The boat runs great except at idle, when it will occasionally stall. It was a bitch swimming it on to the trailer at 10:00 p.m. the other night.

Not So Fast
    I'm hoping it is just a bad fuel issue. I have about 1/2 tank full in each tank, and I don't know if I can just top the tanks up with good fuel and run it through, or if I can use some kind of fuel treatment, or what I need to do. In all, it is about 40 gallons, and if I had to siphon it out, I don't know what I would do with it. I will be replacing both fuel filters.
    The boat runs great except at idle, when it will occasionally stall. It was a bitch swimming it on to the trailer at 10:00 p.m. the other night.
    Rick;I always use Sundance Mobil in my boat period but I noticed that last weekend when I switched from starboard to port tank that my transom (obviously, duh :boxed: )became very soot covered. Not changing the subject but I really believe that the fuel we buy can be very different from tank to tank, I dont care what they say to the contrary. Went down yesterday and fueled up that tank and I hope it stops doing this (Soot) Plus these gas prices are F---ed. Later NSF

Mandelon
    The ideal thing would be to get it out of the tanks. But the difficulty may be too great for you, when there is nowhere to store it.
    I would think you could use a water removal additive to the existing gas and then top off with a high quality fuel to dilute it. Change the filters a couple of times.
    What about making a stink at the station? They ought to be responsible for it!

dicudmore
    Rick;I always use Sundance Mobil in my boat period but I noticed that last weekend when I switched from starboard to port tank that my transom (obviously, duh :boxed: )became very soot covered. Not changing the subject but I really believe that the fuel we buy can be very different from tank to tank, I dont care what they say to the contrary. Went down yesterday and fueled up that tank and I hope it stops doing this (Soot) Plus these gas prices are F---ed. Later NSF
    they are F'ed alright but they are sure better in Havasu than back here in so cal

Havasu_Dreamin
    On Sunday the Arco only had the premium stuff which is why the pump handles were covered. We only use the Unocal over by the movie theater for gas in the boat. Phuckers ought to send us a christmas card each year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast