Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California stickers?

billet racing
    Need to sew a patch onto her tops or bottoms, or even make some pasties of the sticker. that way they are in the drivers view.
    How many drivers look at thier dashboard?
    VS
    How many driver look at thier passengers hooters?
    Jerry

Brian Ray
    Whats with the new sticker crap that California is now handing out with renewal tags? I have AZ tags and soon to have NV tags so i won't need them but was wondering what the info on them was.
    What sticker?? Just renewed my CA tags the other day and I didn't get one.....

Brian Ray
    Your brother will get a separate property tax bill on his boat. You don't get one because of the age of your boat. I don't know how old a boat has to be to not be charged the personal property tax, but I don't pay it on my '78 either. One of the benefits of having a classic boat.
    I'm FlatHappy's brother....so when do these tax bills come in the mail?? Haven't got one yet.....Could it be that I live in Kern County and not LA County.

Boatcop
    What sticker?? Just renewed my CA tags the other day and I didn't get one.....
    Here they are:
    This one goes on the transom
    http://www.dbw.ca.gov/images/codanger-decal.jpg
    This one goes near the helm
    http://www.dbw.ca.gov/images/cohelmdecal.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I'm FlatHappy's brother....so when do these tax bills come in the mail?? Haven't got one yet.....Could it be that I live in Kern County and not LA County.
    I don't know when they come, since I have an old boat. But I know they do, cause I know people complain about them all the time. It's a California personal property tax, not county. You pay it on your cars, also, it's just included in your registration. That is the part you can write off on your income tax. I think if your boat is valued over a certain amount (I think you're safe) then there is a luxury tax involved.

BarryMac
    I think the value is $10,000. if the state values it more then that you get to pay property taxes or as they call them "Luxury Taxes"... :220v:

Brian Ray
    Here they are:
    This one goes on the transom
    http://www.dbw.ca.gov/images/codanger-decal.jpg
    This one goes near the helm
    http://www.dbw.ca.gov/images/cohelmdecal.jpg
    Alan, I didn't get either one of those stickers at renewal and this was just yesterday. Boat is an '05 Ski Sanger and I don't have that sticker on the back of my transom.
    Should I be concerned??

Brian Ray
    I don't know when they come, since I have an old boat. But I know they do, cause I know people complain about them all the time. It's a California personal property tax, not county. You pay it on your cars, also, it's just included in your registration. That is the part you can write off on your income tax. I think if your boat is valued over a certain amount (I think you're safe) then there is a luxury tax involved.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Maybe you're just special. No personal property tax, no sticker. Yep special.

Brian Ray
    I guess so....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast