Thread: Prop Question

CARRERA
    I have a 28ft Carrera Raptor open-bow V-Hull with the Bravo-1, 496Ho . I have to replace my prop due to damage (rock damage). What would be the best and or right prop to go with?

CrazyHippy
    I have a 28ft open-bow with the Bravo-1, 496Ho . I have to replace my prop due to damage (rock damage). What would be the best and or right prop to go with?
    There are lots of different 28' Open bow boats. Need more info on what type.
    BJH

OutCole'd
    What hull?
    I would guess a 24p 4 blade.

CARRERA
    V-Hull

phebus
    What prop were you running, and were you happy with it? Did it put you in the proper rpm range?
    I would check with the manufacturer, and see what they reccomend. It seems that most boats with the 496HO are running Bravo One 24P, but Shockwave for example uses a Revolution 4.

77charger
    What prop were you running, and were you happy with it? Did it put you in the proper rpm range?
    I would check with the manufacturer, and see what they reccomend. It seems that most boats with the 496HO are running Bravo One 24P, but Shockwave for example uses a Revolution 4.
    rev 4 gives more bow lift bravo gives more stern lift.I have a 21 ft eliminator just went to rev4 21p(350 mag) picked up 2-3 more mph vs my 3 blade 21p
    rev series are often overlooked IMO

CrazyHippy
    V-Hull
    So a 28' Bayliner open bow w/ an open bow and a 496HO... :messedup:
    Or maybe an eliminator 28' eagle open bow, or....
    I'd recomend something in the 30" chopper range for the bayliner (need the bow lift and keeping the rpm's down saves gas :idea: :supp: :sqeyes:
    For something along the lines of the eliminator i'd go w/ what you had before. Or at least start there and talk to a reputable prop shop. Kevin @ R&R in Vegas is the man as far as i'm concerned.
    BJH

CARRERA
    I'd recomend something in the 30" chopper range for the bayliner (need the bow lift and keeping the rpm's down saves gas :idea: :supp: :sqeyes:
    For something along the lines of the eliminator i'd go w/ what you had before. Or at least start there and talk to a reputable prop shop. Kevin @ R&R in Vegas is the man as far as i'm concerned.
    BJH[/QUOTE]
    Sounds good.........