Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with new stereo system!

OliverM5
    Just installed 2 amps with 1 15" sub, and 6 6x9's. I also installed a new pair of walmart marine batteries that were dead when I bought them (but I charged it up)....when the volume is turned up and the bass hits (motor is off and stereo running off 1 battery), the system cuts out momentarily - I suspect this is due to the power draw of the amp when bass hits....is this normal?
    I have not tested it while motor is running yet - the alternator running may solve the issue, but I want to be able to play it while motor is off...could it be the batteries are bad? Should the system be able to run off one good battery when motor is off and volume is cranked up?

DEMOMAN
    I have been thru similar situations with cheap batteries. I currently have 2 Odessey 2150's designated for my stereo & one smaller Odessey as an emergency starting battery. I can run my 500w amps hard over a 3 day weekend with no recharging. May cost you more at the start but its worth it to not have to mess with it.

hoolign
    Just installed 2 amps with 1 15" sub, and 6 6x9's. I also installed a new pair of walmart marine batteries that were dead when I bought them (but I charged it up)....when the volume is turned up and the bass hits (motor is off and stereo running off 1 battery), the system cuts out momentarily - I suspect this is due to the power draw of the amp when bass hits....is this normal?
    I have not tested it while motor is running yet - the alternator running may solve the issue, but I want to be able to play it while motor is off...could it be the batteries are bad? Should the system be able to run off one good battery when motor is off and volume is cranked up?
    Wallmart??..and you bought dead batteries?? wanna buy a slightly stained set of boxers???

Phat Matt
    What size power cable are you running?

jbone
    Sounds like a power problem.
    Check the gauge of wire/cables used, esp ground.
    J

OliverM5
    Running 4 gauge...so you guys think its my batts?

jbone
    You could try some bass capacitors.
    See the link.
    http://www.streetstylecustoms.com/pgcapacitors.html
    j

OliverM5
    You say the "system cuts off". Please describe exactly what happens, not so vague. The sub amp shuts off? The head units shuts off?
    The whole system kinda loses "volume" at the same time the bass notes hit....my power cable is 4 gauge and ground goes directly to the battery (8 gauge).....

ROZ
    You could try some bass capacitors.
    See the link.
    http://www.streetstylecustoms.com/pgcapacitors.html
    j
    Do you know Flashover ?

jbone
    Do you know Flashover ?
    Huh???
    j

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast