Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary's Auto Marine- Lake Havasu City

99shockwave
    I wanted to let everyone know I was ripped off by Gary last weekend. I left my boat for a new impeller, estimate $300. He did not finish until the following day and charged me $600. If anyone has had a similar situation happen with Gary please notify me.

TCHB
    I had a friend tell me he was not happy with Garys Marine becuase he thought he was no honest with the price quotes.
    My experience has been good with Savage, Absolute and Ancon.

revpuffdaddy
    I quit using Gary as well after a similar incident! He promised my boat for a Friday afternoon and ended up not finishing the baot at all on that weekend. He had the boat for 3 weeks prior to that!! Simple tuneup and impeller. The following weekend he promised the boat on Friday afternoon but didn't finish till Saturday morning. I ask him to install a new prop for me ( I provided the prop) since he hadn't met his own deadline two different times. He installed the prop and charged me $45.00 labor for prop installation...and his original estimate of about $280 ended up being $455.00 plus tax!!!
    I have used Alco Marine since that time and have been very happy with their service. The best part is, Alco works off appointments. Drop your boat in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day or before!!

99shockwave
    Thanks for the info. I am giving Gary a chance to make things right (as I was an existing customer) before taking futher action. My situation was similar. Dropped off at 11:30 Friday, told it would be done by 2:30. Called and told 3:30. Went by and they had done additional work without my authorization. $300 quote for impeller now was a $500 bill! Still not done until 9:00 the following day and given a bill for $600. Disputed bill and he called the police. Told the officer I would pay bill and worry later. Gave my CC and told CASH only! I am sure this type of thing has happened to others and I am tired of it. It is time to make things right and hold these crooks accountable!!

99shockwave
    As I mentioned, I was a previous customer and had always used my CC. He wanted cash when I questioned the bill. I want to alert all to his (and possible others) business practice. You know how it is when the tear your stuff apart and then hold you hostage.

Sane Asylum
    Sounds like a stand up guy............ :supp: :hammer2: :hammer2:

uvindex
    What was the additional work done without your OK? When you disputed the bill, did he instantly call the police? (or did he offer to "undo" the work or similar?). I'm not defending the guy (never used him, don't know anything about him) just asking the questions a judge might ask if you were to take your case to small claims court (which is something you might consider).
    The asking for cash is very slimy, as he obviously knew you could dispute the bill with your credit card company.

J540
    I quit using Gary as well after a similar incident! He promised my boat for a Friday afternoon and ended up not finishing the baot at all on that weekend. He had the boat for 3 weeks prior to that!! Simple tuneup and impeller. The following weekend he promised the boat on Friday afternoon but didn't finish till Saturday morning. I ask him to install a new prop for me ( I provided the prop) since he hadn't met his own deadline two different times. He installed the prop and charged me $45.00 labor for prop installation...and his original estimate of about $280 ended up being $455.00 plus tax!!!
    I have used Alco Marine since that time and have been very happy with their service. The best part is, Alco works off appointments. Drop your boat in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day or before!!
    Man $45.00 to put a prop on. WTF its a 5min, job and thats showing someone how to do it and putting all the tools away.
    Dude I hope he used protection, but i would go get an STD test just in case. that is F,ed up
    I had that marina shop do my friends impeller two yr,s ago and they took the back seat out and back flushed the lines and all, the bill was $150.00.

TCHB
    There are too many other good boat guys in town to mess with a crook like this guy. I have pulled my boat into Savage with a overheat problem and two hours later the impeller was replaced and all the lines flushed for under $200. He even cleaned my exaust tips like new. I got the same kind of service when I had warranty work done at Alco Marine.

Third Alarm
    I was there, it was total B.S. he even took off in his truck and parked in front of us so we couldn't leave.
    I had a feeling he has done this before :idea:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast