Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Hotels in NYC?

mbrown2
    Just booked a couple tickets to see Social Distortion in NYC (new Nokia Theatre) for October. Anybody have any ideas for cool hotels to stay at near Timesquare or other good spots? The Theater is near Timesquare...be there for 5 days.....1st time there so I am clueless...
    Also, it is the wife's 1st time there and we are going with about 6-8 friends, what places do I absolutely need to see?
    Thanks in advance

CandyA$$
    Hard Rock Cafe!
    I hear it is the best.
    Maybe china town

riverroyal
    for a concert!,,better start priming your liver now

syke-o
    the plaza hotel i hear is pretty nice..

mbrown2
    for a concert!,,better start priming your liver now
    I can't wait...been wanting to go NYC, so Social D being one of the 1st bands to play in the new Nokia theatre kind of tipped the scales...should be off the chain with the crew I am rolling with...

Jinga
    I would highly recommend the PLAZA HOTEL!!!
    The penthouse suite is especially nice

NoCal NoBoat
    We visit every summer. Wife was born and raised in Harlem and the Bronx, mother-in-law now lives on Lower East Side.
    Staying with family, I don't have a specific hotel to recommend to you. In Times Square, the Marriott Marquis is big, and centrally located.
    If you and your crew are into sightseeing, the Circle Line boat tour was a well-spent 3 - 4 hours for us. You completely circumnavigate Manhattan
    on the East, Harlem, and Hudson Rivers. You pass under all the bridges, and see NYC from from the other perspective. Might be a little cooler in October, but you can sit inside. I seem to recall that beer is available...
    I've visited Elllis Island three times now, and it's still my favorite place to visit. Much more than a museum. I stand in the great room and think about my great-grandmother processing through there in 1901. If you, or your crew, had family immigrate through EI, I would rate it a must-see.
    While in Lower Manhattan, you may want to visit the Ground Zero site.
    My daughter is always with us, so we always hit the Museum Mile. It runs along Central Park, so be sure to check out the Park, too.
    NYC lives up to its billing. It's fun just to walk around and recognize all the stuff you've seen in movies and on TV. I remember one morning we walked down 2nd Avenue, past the original Coyote Ugly bar, to see the site of the old
    Fillmore East. Lots of action across the street - they were shooting NYPD Blue, and it seemed like the whole cast was involved.

Bryan Rose
    Used to live in SOHO.... My personal favorite is Sofitel near penn station. Great staff and reasonable price. Very hip hotel , look it up!
    Bryan

Jinga
    What about the Plaza Hotel. Reasonably priced!

mbrown2
    We visit every summer. Wife was born and raised in Harlem and the Bronx, mother-in-law now lives on Lower East Side.
    Staying with family, I don't have a specific hotel to recommend to you. In Times Square, the Marriott Marquis is big, and centrally located.
    If you and your crew are into sightseeing, the Circle Line boat tour was a well-spent 3 - 4 hours for us. You completely circumnavigate Manhattan
    on the East, Harlem, and Hudson Rivers. You pass under all the bridges, and see NYC from from the other perspective. Might be a little cooler in October, but you can sit inside. I seem to recall that beer is available...
    I've visited Elllis Island three times now, and it's still my favorite place to visit. Much more than a museum. I stand in the great room and think about my great-grandmother processing through there in 1901. If you, or your crew, had family immigrate through EI, I would rate it a must-see.
    While in Lower Manhattan, you may want to visit the Ground Zero site.
    My daughter is always with us, so we always hit the Museum Mile. It runs along Central Park, so be sure to check out the Park, too.
    NYC lives up to its billing. It's fun just to walk around and recognize all the stuff you've seen in movies and on TV. I remember one morning we walked down 2nd Avenue, past the original Coyote Ugly bar, to see the site of the old
    Fillmore East. Lots of action across the street - they were shooting NYPD Blue, and it seemed like the whole cast was involved.
    Wow...thanks; that's really helpful...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast