Thread: Electric Fuel Pump

Bow Tie Omega
    I just bought a new Holley Electric Fuel Pump for the 454 on my Omega. It is a Holley Marine Approved, 14 PSI free flow, I will be running this with a fuel regulator at around 8 PSI give or take. My question is this: With the restriction of flow to the pump, what can I expect the life expectancy of my pump to be (will it burn out?)

77charger
    I have had one go for 4 years just replaced it the problem was that a magnet came loose.Almost left me stranded at the lower sand bar a few guys fro mthis board banged it around and it worked i reglued when i got home but replaced it anyways.Some people only get a couple of years on them!

Hotcrusader76
    Bow Tie Omega:
    I just bought a new Holley Electric Fuel Pump for the 454 on my Omega. It is a Holley Marine Approved, 14 PSI free flow, I will be running this with a fuel regulator at around 8 PSI give or take. My question is this: With the restriction of flow to the pump, what can I expect the life expectancy of my pump to be (will it burn out?)You can always run a return line off your regulator to save the pump from laboring. A 06 or 08 hose is adequate

Craig
    Make sure you use a fuel pump relay to avoid low voltage. That will kill a pump faster then anything. You can get one for about 30 bucks at painlesswiring.com. If you can, go with the return regulator as well.
    Craig

Bow Tie Omega
    All good ideas.Thanks for the 411