Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Billion Dollars....

Jbb

spectratoad
    Just a ballast problem. We have more on order and it should be here anyday.

Tom Brown
    On an expensive platform like that, they should spring for an Optima/pump/float switch in all four pedestals.

CandyA$$
    I am just flabergasted.
    I thought these things had floating devices on them.
    I mean the ocean floor is always going to move so why did this not have floating devices. Don't they check their levels in the ocean floor.
    Oh my my

Redneck
    great now gas will hit 10 dollars a gallon :hammerhea

Jordy
    That looks like more than a 20 degree list to my untrained eye... :idea:

HCS
    Isn't than a mess. :jawdrop:

hoolign
    I am just flabergasted.
    I thought these things had floating devices on them.
    I mean the ocean floor is always going to move so why did this not have floating devices. Don't they check their levels in the ocean floor.
    Oh my my
    It does float,it's a semi- submersable rig in apposed to a jack up.It works balast pumps that can transfer either form neutral to positive bouyancy. They are only attached to the sea floor by anchors that are set out at quite a distance.. Some of them have dynamic positioning systems on them which can move the rig around under its own propulsion sysyem. Jack up rigs are set on the bottom but tend to work in much shallower areas.
    There are submersible rigs, jack ups, drill ships and semi submersibles. Ships and semi's dont touch the sea bottom for anchoring at the base of the rig, just by anchors lines.
    clear as mud?

KACHINA KEN
    Shit'll buff out............

CandyA$$
    It does float,it's a semi- submersable rig in apposed to a jack up.It works balast pumps that can transfer either form neutral to positive bouyancy. They are only attached to the sea floor by anchors that are set out at quite a distance.. Some of them have dynamic positioning systems on them which can move the rig around under its own propulsion sysyem. Jack up rigs are set on the bottom but tend to work in much shallower areas.
    There are submersible rigs, jack ups, drill ships and semi submersibles. Ships and semi's dont touch the sea bottom for anchoring at the base of the rig, just by anchors lines.
    clear as mud?
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I truely did not understand that situation, but now I know.
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast