Thread: Gotta love the 909

Schiada76
    Ebonics suggested for district
    By Irma Lemus Staff Writer
    SAN BERNARDINO Incorporating Ebonics into a new school policy that targets black students, the lowest-achieving group in the San Bernardino City Unified School District, may provide students a more well-rounded curriculum, said a local sociologist.
    The goal of the district's policy is to improve black students' academic performance by keeping them interested in school. Compared with other racial groups in the district, black students go to college the least and have the most dropouts and suspensions.
    Blacks make up the second largest racial group in the district, trailing Latinos.
    A pilot of the policy, known as the Students Accumulating New Knowledge Optimizing Future Accomplishment Initiative, has been implemented at two city schools.
    Mary Texeira, a sociology professor at Cal State San Bernardino, commended the San Bernardino Board of Education for approving the policy in June.
    Texeira suggested that including Ebonics in the program would be beneficial for students. Ebonics, a dialect of American English that is spoken by many blacks throughout the country, was recognized as a separate language in 1996 by the Oakland school board.
    "Ebonics is a different language, it's not slang as many believe,' Texeira said. "For many of these students Ebonics is their language, and it should be considered a foreign language. These students should be taught like other students who speak a foreign language.'
    Texeira said research has shown that students learn better when they fully comprehend the language they are being taught in.
    "There are African Americans who do not agree with me. They say that (black students) are lazy and that they need to learn to talk,' Texeira said.
    Len Cooper, who is coordinating the pilot program at the two city schools, said San Bernardino district officials do not plan to incorporate Ebonics into the program.
    "Because Ebonics can have a negative stigma, we're not focusing on that,' Cooper said. "We are affirming and recognizing Ebonics through supplemental reading books (for students).'
    Beginning in the 2005-06 school year, teachers will receive training on black culture and customs. District curriculum will now include information on the historical, cultural and social impact of blacks in society. Although the program is aimed at black students, other students can choose to participate.
    The pilot program at Rio Vista Elementary and King Middle schools focuses on second-, fourth- and seventh-grade classes. District officials hope to train teachers from other schools using the program as a model.
    Board member Danny Tillman, who pushed for the policy, said that full implementation of the program at all schools may take years, but the pilot program is a beginning.
    "At every step we will see positive results,' Tillman said.
    Tillman hoped the new policy would increase the number of black students going to college and participating in advanced courses.
    Teresa Parra, board vice president, said she worried the new program would have an adverse effect.
    "I'm afraid that now that we have this the Hispanic community, our largest population, will say, 'We want something for us.' Next we'll have the Asian community and the Jewish community (asking for their own programs). When will it end?'
    Parra said the district should focus on helping all students who are at risk.
    "I've always thought that we should provide students support based on their needs and not on their race,' Parra said.
    Tillman disagreed with Parra, saying programs that help Latinos already exist in the district. He cited the district's English- as-a-second-language program.
    Texeira urged people not be quick to judge the new program as socially exclusive. She said people need to be open to the program.
    "Everybody has prejudices, but we must all learn to control that behavior,' Texeira said. She said a child's self confidence is tied to his or her cultural identity.
    She compared the low performance of black students to starvation. "How can you be angry when you feed a family of starving children?'
    Ratibu Jacocks, a member of the Westside Action Group, a coalition of black activists, said they are working with the district to ensure the policy is implemented appropriately.
    "This isn't a feel-good policy. This is the real thing,' Jacocks said.
    Jacocks said he didn't believe the new policy would create animosity. He said he welcomed the idea of other ethnic groups pushing for their own programs.
    "When you are doing what's right, others will follow,' Jacocks said. "We have led the way before the civil-rights movement opened the door for women's rights and other movements.'

cdog
    Fine with me... As long as they teach that shit to the idiots. Just imagine what a disadvantage these people will have once they enter the job market. Someday when I have kids, they will be considered genious's and will really stand out due to their proper grammer skills. Seems to me that stupid people breed stupid people.

Schiada76
    Problem is their "job" will be jacking you and your kid's chit.
    Kinda like now.

cdog
    Problem is their "job" will be jacking you and your kid's chit.
    Kinda like now.
    Nothing a .45 hollow point can't stop.
    How's ole red?

Blown 472
    God forbid teach tha supit ****ers proper english.

Schiada76
    Nothing a .45 hollow point can't stop.
    How's ole red?
    Torn down for a redo, all the checks etc........Oh Yeah will be running a bird when it's back together.

Schiada76
    God forbid teach tha supit ****ers proper english.
    Kermit the fcning frog speaks better English than those 'tards. :hammerhea :220v:

SmokinLowriderSS
    SAN BERNARDINO Incorporating Ebonics into a new school policy that targets lazy, street-thug, black students, the lowest-achieving group in the San Bernardino City Unified School District, may provide students a more well-rounded curriculum, said a local moron sociologist.
    The goal of the district's policy is to improve black students' academic performance by keeping them interested in school, thus saving them explaining their failure to teach the punks ANYTHING. Compared with other racial groups in the district, black students go to college the least and have the most dropouts and suspensions. Dealing Crack has more income potential than college
    Blacks make up the second largest racial group in the district, trailing Latinos. Soon to be the 3rd largest trailing Latinos AND ILLEGALS.
    A pilot of the policy, known as the Students Accumulating Useless New Knowledge Optimizing Future Potential For Failure Initiative, has been implemented at two city schools.
    Mary Texeira, an overeducated, brain-dead, comon-sense challenged, sociology professor at Cal State San Bernardino, commended the San Bernardino Board of Education for Wasting Money while approving the policy in June.
    Texeira suggested that including Ebonics in the program would be beneficial for students. Ebonics, a dialect of American English that is spoken by many blacks throughout the country, was recognized as a separate language in 1996 by the Oakland school board, yet another group of morons elected to pointless jobs by more fools.
    "Ebonics is a different language (bullshit flag), it's not slang as many believe,' Texeira said. "For many of these students Ebonics is their language, and it should be considered a foreign language. These students should be taught like other students who speak a foreign language.' ALL students who speak a foreign language should be taught the King's English.
    Texeira said research has shown that students learn better when they fully comprehend the language they are being taught in. Let them comprehend English, it is also the international language of business.
    "There are African Americans who do not agree with me. They say that (black students) are lazy and that they need to learn to talk,' Texeira said. They are correct.
    Len Cooper, who is coordinating the pilot program at the two city schools, said San Bernardino district officials do not plan to incorporate the stupidity of Ebonics into the program.
    "Because Ebonics can have a negative stigma, we're not focusing on that,' Cooper said. "We are affirming and recognizing Ebonics through supplemental reading books (for students), that is assuming they can read.' If they cannot, they can be read to by tutors.
    Beginning in the 2005-06 school year, teachers will receive training on black culture and customs. District curriculum will now include information on the historical, cultural and social impact of blacks in society. Although the program is aimed at black students, other students can choose to participate. That way EVERYONE gets to learn how to speak Jive and talk like a dealer. Gold chains are being added to the school dress code as well.
    The pilot program at Rio Vista Elementary and King Middle schools focuses on second-, fourth- and seventh-grade classes. District officials hope to train teachers from other schools using the program as a model.
    Board member Danny Tillman, who pushed for the policy, said that full implementation of the program at all schools may take years, but the pilot program is a beginning. Even failure must have a beginning point.
    "At every step we will see positive results, and if we don't, we'll make some up.' Tillman said.
    Tillman hoped the new policy would increase the number of black students going to college and participating in advanced courses. UC San B and UC Berk are going to open pilot programs having a Bacheolor of Language Arts based in the study and marketing of Ebonics .
    Teresa Parra, board vice president, said she worried the new program would have an adverse effect.
    "I'm afraid that now that we have this the Hispanic community, our largest population, will say, 'We want something for us.' Next we'll have the Asian community and the Jewish community (asking for their own programs). When will it end?' When the caucasians ask for classes in how to read and write in ENGLISH.
    Parra said the district should waste time on helping all students who are at risk.
    "I've always thought that we should provide students support based on their needs and not on their race,' Parra said.
    Tillman disagreed with Parra, saying programs that help Latinos already exist in the district. He cited the district's English- as-a-second-language program. Needs to be a PRIMARY language program.
    Texeira urged people not be quick to judge the new program as socially exclusive. She said people need to be similarly brain dead.
    "Everybody has prejudices, but we must all learn to control that behavior,' Texeira said. She said a child's self confidence is tied to his or her cultural identity. Nothing like confidence building at age 25 when no-one will hire you except a crack dealer to use as a lookout.
    She compared the low performance of black students to starvation. "How can you be angry when you feed a family of starving children rotten meat?'
    Ratibu Jacocks, a member of the Westside Action Group, a coalition of black activists, said they are working with the district to ensure the policy is implemented appropriately, so as to dumb-down all students equally.
    "This isn't a feel-good policy. This is the real thing,' Jacocks said.
    Jacocks said he didn't believe the new policy would create animosity. He said he welcomed the idea of other ethnic groups pushing for their own programs.
    "When you are doing what's right, others will follow,' Jacocks said. "We have led the way before the civil-rights movement opened the door for women's rights and other movements.' To bad Jacocks doesn't remember the Women's Rights movement began a half-century before the civil-rights movement.

Freak
    F-THAT This is America learn english! NO TO ALL BULLSHIT! I weep for the young generations. :frown:

TheLurker
    Ebonics Homework
    Leroy is 18 and in the 8th grade. Homework is hard for him.
    One day, Leroy got an easy homework assignment. All he had to do was put each of the following vocabulary words in a sentence. Here's what he wrote. (Ebonic style)
    1. HOTEL - I gave my girlfriend da crabs and the HOTEL everybody.
    2. RECTUM - I had two Cadillacs, but my ol' lady RECTUM both.
    3. DISAPPOINTMENT - My parole officer tol me if I miss DISAPPOINTMENT they gonna send me back to the big house.
    4. FORECLOSE - If I pay alimony this month, I'll have no money FORECLOSE.
    5. CATACOMB - Don King was at the fight the other night, Man, somebody give that CATACOMB.
    6. PENIS - I went to da doctor and he handed me a cup and said PENIS.
    7. ISRAEL - Alonso tried to sell me a Rolex, I said Man, that looks fake. He said, No, ISRAEL.
    8. UNDERMINE - There is a fine lookin' hoe livin' in the apartment UNDERMINE.
    9. TRIPOLI - I was gonna buy my old lady a bra but I couldn't find no TRIPOLI.
    10. STAIN - My mother-in-law axed if I was STAIN for dinner again.
    11. SELDOM - My cousin gave me two tickets to the Knicks game, so I SELDOM.
    12. ODYSSEY - I told my bro, you ODYSSEY the tits on this hoe.
    13. HORDE - My sister got into trouble because she HORDE around in school.
    14. INCOME - I just got in bed wit dis hoe and INCOME my wife.
    15. HONOR - At the rape trial, the judge axed my buddy, who be HONOR first?
    16. FORTIFY - I axed da hoe how much? And she say FORTIFY.
    17. DICTATE - Hey girl! How my DICTATE?
    Once again Leroy was asked to do a simple homework assignment. Still befuddled by the whole school thing, Leroy is a trooper. He was given another set of vocabulary words to use in sentences. Here's what he handed in:
    1. HONOR ROLL - We was playin poker on the stoop the other day, man I was HONOROLL.
    2. PLANET - I got me some seed to grow weed, so I PLANET in the backyard.
    3. DISMAY - I went for a blood test, the doctor pulled out a big needle. He said, "DISMAY hurt a little."
    4. OMELETTE - Every time I start a new job, OMELETTE go after a week.
    5. STAIRWAY - When me and my homies get high, we STAIRWAY into space.
    6. MOBILE - I went to buy crack, I was short on cash, my man said, "Gimme one MOBILE."
    7. DEFENSE - I ran from the cops, and hopped DEFENSE and got away.
    8. AFRO - I got so mad at my bitch, AFRO a lamp at her.
    9. AFTERMATH - I like to be high in school, so AFTERMATH I go to the field and smoke weed.
    10. LOCKET - I slam the door so hard, I LOCKET.
    11. DOMINEERING - My girly's birthday was yesterday, I got her a DOMINEERING.
    12. KENYA - I needed change fo the subway, so I axe a stranger KENYA spare some change.
    13. DERANGE - DERANGE is where da deer and antelope play.
    14. DATA - At my basketball game, I scored thirty points. My coach said, "DATA boy!"
    15. COPULATE - I called 911 and an hour later when they show up, I said, "COPULATE!"
    16. FASCINATE - My girly's titties are so big. Her shirt has ten buttons, she can only FASCINATE.
    17. BEWARE - I asked the man at the unemployment office, "Is this BEWARE I get a job?"
    18. DIMENSION - I be tall, dark, handsome and not DIMENSION hung like a horse.
    19. COATROOM - The judge said, "One more outburst like that, and you'll be thrown out the COATROOM."
    20. DECIDE - I like Wanda and Yolanda, but I like to have a couple of bitches on DECIDE.