Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elephant Bute lake??

nodigg
    I am considering looking in to buying some New Mexico property soon. Anyone in the area havea any comments on good and bad areas as far as weather and lakes go?

full throttle
    Nice lake. Been there when it gets VERY windy. Lots of cool camping spots. I heard wierd stuff used to go on around there. Some people got busted for making snuff films or something like that. I've also heard once in a while they would find body parts on or around the water. Have not heard any thing like that in quite some time though.

Red Horse
    T or C is near there, so that is where the weird stuff comes from. Mostly undeveloped. On the east side, mountains, that area is the Armandaris ranch owned by Ted Turner. Prolly wont get developed for quite some time. Lots of wildlife there. Ornx, buffalo, deer, goats and mountain cats in the higher elevations. And some damn good quail hunting. They do have drought issues like Mead and Powell. The Rio Grande is used allot for irrigation downstream so that is what drives most of the water flow. Long lake with few coves. If you want to get away from it all, good place.

Seadog
    My SIL has a great place there, but they had to move when her husband's brother died. He was working with his brother and was unable to operate the business alone. I think the property is available for sale. Right now it is rented, but the renter is leaving. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you details.

carreraboat
    Go there every other weekend! nice place pm me i will give you my phone number i will give you the scoop
    bo

Shark In The Pond
    Go there every other weekend! nice place pm me i will give you my phone number i will give you the scoop
    bo
    WTF ...where you been,waz up, que pasa ?

AZKC
    Interesting how a New Mexico thread got started in the Central section. But it is a nice lake and yes it can get very windy.

carreraboat
    el sharko been working my tail off i bet you have too! when it slows down a little we are going to have to get on the horn and catch up gotta start planning our turkey day get together

nodigg
    Nice lake. Been there when it gets VERY windy. Lots of cool camping spots. I heard wierd stuff used to go on around there. Some people got busted for making snuff films or something like that. I've also heard once in a while they would find body parts on or around the water. Have not heard any thing like that in quite some time though.
    SHITE! :supp:

nodigg
    My SIL has a great place there, but they had to move when her husband's brother died. He was working with his brother and was unable to operate the business alone. I think the property is available for sale. Right now it is rented, but the renter is leaving. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you details.
    Yes, pm the details if you will please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast