Thread: Jacuzzi WJ?

Jetmugg
    Hello crew:
    My recent post about trying to find a new family project boat has raised the question about Jacuzzi WJ pumps. Which one is the WJ, the mixed flow (like a Berkeley), or the axial flow (like a Panther)?
    I have never had a Jacuzzi pump boat, but have had 2 Berks, a Dominator, and a Berk/Aggressor hybrid. How does the WJ compare?
    SteveM.

BrendellaJet
    Jacuzzi 12WJ is the mixed flow pump.
    In terms of performance, IMO it compares in stock form with the others. In a high performance application, I have been told that it can be competitive if the person working on it knows what he is doing. I brought mine to Jack (MPD) after speaking with him, told him of my 100 mph top speed goal. He told me "the pump can do it". Ill know very soon as the motor should be on the dyno is less than a month.
    Its a good pump, just not as popular as the others. Let me know if you have more questions.

Captain no fun
    I have a WJ, and a place diverter. I'm kind of an old hand with street/race engines, and not too much of a jet guy. I built a 409 inch big block chev, roller motor, and it makes good power. I talked to a pump guy this wekend @ Potholes, and he feels the pump is good also. I'm running 5000 RPM @ 60 MPH in a 18' Hondo tee deck, there's more there, just get your expectations in line, and talk it over honestly with a good reputable jet dude, and have fun. I'm not quite done yet, but I'm not going to break the bank in search of 15 more MPH.

n8dawg
    I'm in the same boat as "captin no fun" I have a 19 ft. miller. 455 olds running a tunnel ram set up with dual quads, and a jacuzzi wj/ no place diverter though, just a 4 degree wedge in it. My fastest speed was 65mph on gps. My pump might be old might need to be rebuilt and might run faster with a place diverter, BUT it will for sure cost me alot more $$$$! Is it worth it? Maybe.
    Good Luck Bro and Happy Boating!