Thread: Is this a scam

dc96819
    Hello,
    my name is -----, an automobile agent,one of our client is interested in buying your boat to equip his resort park
    he would want to purchase this item as soon as possible,i will like to know the condition of the boat,i hope it's in good condition,is the price you listed on the item firm,or is it negotiable, so he would want to know your preffered method of payment,so that he can proceed with the buying of the item,i will appreciate a quick response from you because he would want to conclude the deal asap,you can send the pics for re-viewing.
    Best Regards.

Mandelon
    Tell them your preferred payment method is cash. Nothing but cash. Not a check, a cashier's check or anything that has an excess payment that you can refund them the extra money.

jackpunx
    Hello,
    my name is -----, an automobile agent,one of our client is interested in buying your boat to equip his resort park
    he would want to purchase this item as soon as possible,i will like to know the condition of the boat,i hope it's in good condition,is the price you listed on the item firm,or is it negotiable, so he would want to know your preffered method of payment,so that he can proceed with the buying of the item,i will appreciate a quick response from you because he would want to conclude the deal asap,you can send the pics for re-viewing.
    Best Regards.
    Just tell him you want cash .. all in $1.00 bills.. in brown paper bags..

bunny 166
    No normal person talks like that.....scamola :devil:

Creator
    SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! I sold a bird online and got a similar e-mail, after a few weeks of emails they sent me a cashiers check for 4K althought the bird only cost 1k. I deposited the check and was to pay the "shipper" the extra money as the bird was being shipped overseas. I was waiting 2 days before I contacted the shipper just make sure everything was good... Good thing I waited! The check cleared on the second day and was reversed by the end of the second day. Long story short I never sent the bird, I was contacted by the company from which the check was written and told they had been hacked. I was then contacted by the FBI and of course gave them all the info I had on the guy who was going to buy the bird. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

HocusPocus
    scam.. for sure. this is happening alot with people buying or selling. just tell them to bring cash when they pick up item.