Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Firefighters here on HB

Flashover
    I have a Interview with the Battalion Chiefs and some Captains on Thursday for a full time position. Any pointers for the interview?

Jbb
    I have a Interview with the Battalion Chiefs and some Captains on Thursday for a full time position. Any pointers for the interview?
    Dont smoke during the interview....they hate that...

riverroyal
    he is a FF

CandyA$$
    Good luck

Her454
    I'd keep all of your deep psychological Pyro fantasies to yourself. :wink: Good luck.

SDLifesaver
    Flashover, be yourself and make sure to make eye contact with all your interviewers. Have your most recent resume with you and make sure you have a copy to give each interviewer and have a copy for yourself incase they want to ask you any questions about items on your resume. If you are interviewing for a Firefighter position your resume should be no longer than 1 page and be easy to read and follow and be specific to the position you are applying for. An objective ( the position you are trying for) should be first then education, experience, certs, professional memberships ect last. Community service is a big thing if they ask about who you are as a person and remember that they have heard every speal there is so try to be creative but genuine. If you are interviewing for engineer or captain then I am sorry for telling you what you already know. These practices have been successful for me and worked for the last 3 job offers I recieved. Good luck, Nick

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    yeah...
    walk in with a limp
    cuss a lot. they like that.
    admit to "experimenting in alternative lifestyles"
    declare what you WON"T do early in the interview
    use racial slurs as often as possible.
    ask if you can bring your camera on calls to add to your collection.
    knock em dead.

Flashover
    Yeah Lighting up and talking about burning stuff is probably a bad idea. No matter how fun it sounds...

Flashover
    Flashover, be yourself and make sure to make eye contact with all your interviewers. Have your most recent resume with you and make sure you have a copy to give each interviewer and have a copy for yourself incase they want to ask you any questions about items on your resume. If you are interviewing for a Firefighter position your resume should be no longer than 1 page and be easy to read and follow and be specific to the position you are applying for. An objective ( the position you are trying for) should be first then education, experience, certs, professional memberships ect last. Community service is a big thing if they ask about who you are as a person and remember that they have heard every speal there is so try to be creative but genuine. If you are interviewing for engineer or captain then I am sorry for telling you what you already know. These practices have been successful for me and worked for the last 3 job offers I recieved. Good luck, Nick
    I Made a pretty sweet outline on M.S word with watermarks and all that lists everything you just said. I am already a volunteer for this dept but i realy need the full time job. I realize what mistakes i made last time and hopefully i have fixed them and will kick a$$ this time.

CandyA$$
    So do you need practice with your interview skills?
    Practice here, but be serious.
    Why do want to be a firefighter?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast