Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ****ing spider

hoolign
    With all of us Americans traveling back and forth to the middle east last 13 years or so, I am sure a few have made it back in some cargo. Roc, your spider looks like the kind you see over there. Might have met up with an American spider and now we have yours. :idea:
    camel spiders
    http://www.nmpest.com/images/Jsalpuged.JPG

meaniam
    my wife dont like spiders. or any bug for that matter. she will waste a whole can of hairspray on them. then wait for me to pick them up. i sure have alot of black widows outside. found a couple inside in the past months. i fear those things. i heard a bug bomb wont even kill them. is that true

Rockdog
    It looks to me like a variety of tarantula. We used to see a lot of those when I was stationed at Pendleton. Use the search words tarantula.identify in your search engine. There's a couple of really good sites that have a ton of comparison pictures, or you can email them the picture and they'll eventually try to get back to you - esp the university sites. I'll have to show my wife - she really likes insects-creeps the hell out of me though! :jawdrop: :hammer2:

Red Horse
    I dont think that anyone really knows what a camel spider it. We all just call them camel spiders. The only requriment is that it is big. I have seen them with 2 front opposing teeth, mandibles. Whatever they are. Kinda like your first finger and your thumb being used to pick something up. Then I have seen them with like 2 rakes, one up, one down and mesh together. Either way we would catch them and catch scorpions then watch them fight. Spiders would last about 4 or 5 fights. Hell. anything living in the God forsaken land has to be smart and tough....Wonder what happend to the people :boxingguy

Norseman
    I dont think that anyone really knows what a camel spider it. We all just call them camel spiders. The only requriment is that it is big. I have seen them with 2 front opposing teeth, mandibles. Whatever they are. Kinda like your first finger and your thumb being used to pick something up. Then I have seen them with like 2 rakes, one up, one down and mesh together. Either way we would catch them and catch scorpions then watch them fight. Spiders would last about 4 or 5 fights. Hell. anything living in the God forsaken land has to be smart and tough....Wonder what happend to the people :boxingguy
    Big Mofo Spiders got them!!!!!!!!

rivergoer
    it is either a large brown recluse.. which yes they can get big like that..or it is a brown tarantula...you can tell if it is a recluse if it has the shape of those things on the sides of the trings on the violin... but im almost positive it is a brown tarantula..i saw them all over yuma whae i was out there for desert combat warfare training last summer.... either way get rid of them they can f you up preety good..recluse will make rour skin rot of by a infection painful and takes a long time to heal..tarantula will get you really sick if you dont get a bite looked at and taken care of. so yeah look around or get an exterminator.

Lightning
    that thing looks like a baby terantula.

Hallett19
    Fry that thing up and grab some hot sauce, thats good eatins' right there !!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567