Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching Oil

BK
    Ok so if im switching from synthetic (mobile 1 15/50) to say regular Castrol strieght 40 do I have to worry about a little synthetic left in the bottom of the pan mixing with it?

Floored
    No :d

SmokinLowriderSS
    My only question is why the change?

INEEDAV
    Depending upon the two oil additive packages you could have an issue. Some oils additives attack the additives of other oils.
    Personally I would fire up for a short bit to mix the new oil with any residual, and then drain it and replace the filter.

HammerDown
    BK, just make the change...nothing to worry about as both oild are compatible with each other. However if you want just fill your oil pan with a few qts of some cheap no-name 30 wt, run for a few minutes and then dump it.
    PS. consider Valvoline VR1(Race Blend) 50 wt. I've been a big fan of Kendall and Castrol straight weights. BUT I've never seen anything hold up like the Valvoline.

BK
    Yeah Hammer I ran the Kendal GT1 20/50 the first two seasons on the motor and The Valvoline VR1 20/50 the last few. I agree the VR1 is great oil, I just decided this year to go with the Moblile 1 synthetic to try it out. Problem is im going throuhg more oil with the synthetic and I was told it may help to go to a strieght 40 non synthetic oil. At this point im willing to try whatever to see if it helps.
    Heres the thread with my problem im having.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85502

Beer-30
    Personally, if you think the lighter oil is causing you to "burn" more, I would just try switching to 20-50 synthetic before going backwards. Or, if you find a straight 40 or 50 synthetic, give that a try. In my opinion.

cola
    Anyone use Torco 50w. Syn.

Beer-30
    Anyone use Torco 50w. Syn.
    I have not used Torco motor oils (yet), but I have their 75-140 full syn in the rear of the dually, and the RTF Racing Trans Fluid (gear lube, not auto trans) in my Bravo-1.
    I have an incredible first hand experience with Torco lube. I don't think it can be matched.

BK
    I was at the auto parts store last night and noticed Valvoline has come out with a VR1 streight 60w racing oil. Anyone now anything about this? Good or bad and why would anyone need or want to run 60w oil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast