Thread: Predator Carbs

Tee
    Anybody have any experience with them. I picked up a brand new matched pair of Polished/Powdercoated Predators that the original owner had purchased to put on a show car he was building. They are still in the original box with the flowbench report from Predator. They have never had any gas in them and I am thinking about putting them on the 468 I am building for my Sport Cat.

Nstigator74
    Played with one on a dragcar. Had an idle circuit, real responsive when it's dailed in, also seemed to come out of calibration for no reason . Still no matter what I did The Holley made quicker and faster times. Just my .02

Craig
    Troy, I've talked to some folks who love them and others who say they're a bitch to keep tuned. That carb has been around almost as long as the Holleys, just never caught on for some reason. They're a coopy of the old Kendig carbs.
    How's the big motor coming? Got a pic of the small block you can send me?
    Craig

djdtpr
    I ran them a couple of times they work very well when tuned right.Thats the pain in the but getting them tuned,we had to grind on the cams inside the carb then when we were done we didnt know if they still flowed the same without setting them up on a flow bench and seeing what they did.I would stick with a good set of holleys or bg carbs.

Liberator TJ1984
    Have a friend running one on his Sleekcraft 455 Olds. Only problems he has ever had is the "doors" are made of leather type material ?? and they tend to dry out and curl up over time . He takes them out and soaks in oil to soften them back up and flips them around from time to time

Duane
    had two on my pulling truck, worked well with no real idle setup did not work well on my jetboat(513C.I.) like flushing a toilet hehehe