Thread: Oldsmobile Question????????????????

skeepwerkzaz
    Hey guys,
    My neighbor has a freshly overhauled 455 olds. Was he supposed to seal the head bolt threads w/ anything? Thanks,
    Clay
    [ May 19, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

Jordy
    Yeah, concrete so it will sink even faster and make a better anchor.
    (Sorry, just wanted to be the first to get to pick on an Oldsmobile for a change).
    I know the last set of head bolts I picked up for my BBC came pre-coated with a teflon on the threads but I don't know if the same would apply to the Olds, that is, I don't know if there are bolts that run through into water jackets.

Posey
    I use permatex # 2 on head bolts (threads only)that go into the water jacket, blind holes just a light film of oil. I also use sealer on intake bolts if they are exposed, oil will work up the threads and come out around the head of the bolt, looks like shit on a nice engine.
    Posey

skeepwerkzaz
    Jordy,
    I was going to say Oldsmopile questions, or maybe oldsmobuick. I concur, but just trying to help out a brotha boater.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Dont worry about jordy he does this to me all the time about my oldsmorooster Jordy, where have you been brotha? Summer is here and I havent heard from ya! Shoot me an email so we can get together at the lake wink I am almost ready for the lake again

Jordy
    Believe it or not, I haven't been out at all. Haven't even touched the boat since February. Need to put a starter in it and I just haven't gotten motivated.
    Although, as of 6:00 this evening I'm down to one boat. The Disco Pimp Schiada has left the building.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Well if everything goes well I will be at the lake week after next. Give me a call when your ready to go