Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauge Layout

BrendellaJet
    Getting ready to install new gauges in my dash. I filled the old holes with wooden plugs, resined them in and filled with layers of mat, sanded smooth and filled the voids with a fiberglass filler. I was planning on having 6 auto meter 2 5/8 gauges. I laid out on paper and they fit with little room to spare, but Im wondering if this will weaken the dash too much. What do you guys think?

hack job
    i run the auto meter 2 1/16 and i have a total of 6 gauges . i jsut like that size more. my .02

BadBahner
    i run the auto meter 2 1/16 and i have a total of 6 gauges . i jsut like that size more. my .02
    I like the 2 1/16 as well. Everything is more $ when you go 2 5/8. But hey when yo uhave Ladera Ranch Money who cares... lol.

BrendellaJet
    I like the 2 1/16 as well. Everything is more $ when you go 2 5/8. But hey when yo uhave Ladera Ranch Money who cares... lol.
    LOL, funny guy! Fine, you guys got any pics of the "little" gauges? I just dig the look of them, but since I have so many maybe the little ones wont look so bad. time to show n tell!
    I will not have an inch around each one, dash is about 4 inches, so Ive got close to an inch top and bottom, but not quite. They were about 3/8 apart when I was playing with the spacing...

BrendellaJet
    bump!

flat broke
    Here is the only pic I could find of the new 2 1/16 Autometers in Hacker's boat
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...83Dscn7652.jpg Lots of room on the dash and they don't look tiny.
    Chris

BrendellaJet
    Geez, I think Ill just start PMing you when I have a question! LOL
    That looks killer! My dash is a lot smaller than that, so Ill go with the little ones! Thanks Chris!
    Brian

tahitijet
    here is mine during rigging.. i went the larger gauges.. I originally ordered the smaller ones but they were really small... I figured under way they would be extremely hard to see. So I exhanged them for the bigger size and there just about perfect i think.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...010005-med.JPG

tahitijet
    BTW Originally my dash had 7 holes cut across it.. I filled in the 2 on the far right. This winter i will probably be adding oil temp and fuel preasure back into the dash.

Aluminum Squirt
    I'm not sure if this will look OK in a glass boat but I built an aluminum plate and mounted my gauges in it, then I riveted that to the dash. Obviously you still need the wholes which may weaken your dash but you could always make the plate stainless and a little thicker to give the dash back some strength. Just a thought, may look a little hokey in a glass boat but I think if you measured and cut it well, it would look good. I have a picture of mine but I never mastered that posting pictures thing-Aluminum Squirt
    PS-Let me know if you want to see the picture real bad, I think I could figure out how to email it to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast