Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Many Boats - So little knowledge

Boostable
    About 6 weeks ago I heard the 5 words that evey man wants to hear from their spouse. "We need a bigger boat"
    So being the accomadating person that I am I agreed!!! Hence the search has commenced.
    I have always like the mid cabin / open bow style and am really sick and tired of the same old shit here on the east coast. We have some nice builders "in fact I live right down the road form Velocity", but there is just something about the West Coast Mid Cabin Style!!! I gota have it!
    So I need some help form the westerners that are in the know.
    It seems like there are more and more builders poping up every month that build this style of boat, so if im missing anyone please feel free to suggest.
    I will spend most of the time in lake and river's with the "occasional" salt water run to the Islands.
    Here is what im looking for.
    27-32' Mid Cabin Water Rocket. "Simple as that"
    Good Handleing
    Gota handle 2-3 chop well
    60+ mandatory
    All the go fast goodies
    "QUALITY BUILD" You know what I mean.
    The builders im considering are as follows.
    SleekCraft - 30 or 32 SSB Heritage
    Lavey - 2750 NuEra Sport
    Advantage - 27 or 32 Victory BR
    Magic - 29 Wizard
    Ultra - 28 Stealth
    Dana - 27 Offshore or 30 Destroyer
    ShockWave - 29" Magnitude
    Cobra - 27' Razor
    Commander - 29' Signature
    Profile - 304V
    Lightning - 29XS
    Caliber1 - 280 Thunder
    DCB - Extreme 28
    Did I leave anyone out?
    I know it seems like a LONG list, but some im very familiar with and some I just found surfing the net, so would like to know more.
    Im not affraid to buy used either so if anyone has a good source for those out west let me know. Once I get my short list going I will be coming out west to take some test rides and do some searching.
    Once I make a selection "new or used" I will be driveing out and taking a 2 week trip on the way home and plan on making all the stops "most definetly Havasu" and others... more on that later..
    I am concerned about the humidity down here, so less wood is better, but not against it. Would like to hear comments on that as well.
    You just DONT see this style of boat on the east coast, and I can't wait to get it here. "what ever it may be"
    Ok... there you have it. from what I have gathered opinions are not in short supply here so what do you got for me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jack aka Boostable

riverroyal
    on this trip?start calling all of those,see if anythings in stock,my guess is no,maybe a magic in stock at their phoenix or fontana shops.This time of the year you may be making another trip out around october to pick it up!

Boostable
    Not planning on making any moves till after this season anyway. So I got a little time..

UltraStealth
    There are a lot of nice boats on that list. How much are you looking to spend?

Boostable
    Thats a good question.
    I guess that would depend on the boat "new or used" but I think for "New" I would like to be "around" 70K, but for the right boat maybe more.
    And hey, if I eliminate some based on price that just makes my selectoin easier.. LOL
    Used, I have no idea, have seen them all over the place.
    JW

Boozer
    Thats a good question.
    I guess that would depend on the boat "new or used" but I think for "New" I would like to be "around" 70K, but for the right boat maybe more.
    And hey, if I eliminate some based on price that just makes my selectoin easier.. LOL
    JW
    The only thing you're going to touch new on that list would be the Dana and the Commander with your budget of 70K and even with those choices you'll probably spend a little more then 70K with some good options.

Whipped Caliber
    Thats a good question.
    JW
    70K is low for a new boat, any on your list! You will spend 70K+ just for a used one.
    If you are looking for a bad ass caliber 1 !! I will have one at the end of the season, but not for that price. Mine has all what you are looking for and alot more.
    BTW The only thing that Caliber did was the hull.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    You should try to fly out for a weekend and attend a west coast boat show. That is my recommendation. LA or Phoenix. We usually make a party out of the LA one and it is enormous! Held in January. I think the Phoenix one is a month or two later.

Boostable
    I dont have a problem spending more, im more concerned about the quality of the boat itself. You get what you pay for right!
    The boat show sounds like a GREAT idea. That is definetly doable.
    JW

Biglue
    Go Bayliner :2purples:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast