460 jus getn it
    Forgot to put these in my last post
    Heads- dove-c
    Rods- d6ve-aa
    Crank- 3ya
    Block- d9te-ab eek! eek!
    any info as to what i got will help a whole lot. thanks 460 jawdrop

Snorider
    The heads are good and somewhat sought after by boaters. They are a higher compression head than the D3VE (which were used in everything post 1972). They also flow better since they lack the exhaust hump that the D3VE's have. (This is stock, and without porting).
    The heads are from a 1971 or older motor.
    The rest of the parts are gonna need someone with a lot more info on fords than i have absorbed in my previous 4 months owning a BBF
    Happy boating!

460 jus getn it:
    Forgot to put these in my last post
    Heads- dove-c
    Rods- d6ve-aa
    Crank- 3ya
    Block- d9te-ab eek! eek!
    any info as to what i got will help a whole lot. thanks 460 jawdrop Heads: 75cc chambers, 2.09" intake/1.65" exhaust, small port and has the exhaust lumps and bumps, same as the D3-A2A heads. Rods: C/J-truck style with "football" bolt heads. Crank-3YA: 1979 and up and is Detroit balanced. {external] Block D9TE-AB: 1979 or later truck block, has 1/4" longer cylinders than the eariler blocks, Less material than earlier blocks. With the exception of the heads it sounds like you have a typical marine 460.

460 jus getn it
    058, the heads have been fully ported. the inside of the exaust doesnt have the lumps and bumps you are talking about. what kind of horse power can these heads produce??? and what type of intake would you recommend to use with this application. im asking only because i have a tunnel ram and a performer 460... thank you again 460

The D0VE-C heads with 2.19" intake/1.73" exhaust and the ports cleaned out of all the strange lumps and bumps can produce some decent HP numbers. I've seen a couple of engines in the 670-680 range with these heads and these engines were under 480" Get into the 514-528" range these heads are a bit small for any sort of high rpm use and should only be cosidered for stump puller/low-mid range engine combos that aren't going to be spun more than 5500 to 6K. Do not use the Performer 460 as the runners and plenum are too small for anything above 4K to 4500 rpms. 460s like airflow, the smallest carb I would consider for a boat is a 850 Holley with the heads you have described. Try a Weiand Stelth or a RPM Performer for a dual plane or a Victor if you want a single plane manifold.
    [ July 19, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: 058 ]

460 jus getn it
    058, i just picked up a holley 800 cfm double pumper. any though about this carb. i dont really know much about it. would i be better off using the tunnell ram or just buy a new intake????? anything elese to consider before i start building

The 800 CFM Holley will work ok but you didn't say what your application is, Jetboat, V-drive or Outdrive? As for manifolds go If you are going to run a single carb on the tunnel, why bother? Tunnels were made for a pair of carbs and I've never seen a single carb on a tunnel work as good or better than a std. single plane manifold such as a Victor.

460 jus getn it
    058- i have a 18ft kachina with a berkeley 12jb with a b cut impeller. i convinced the i need a new intake but i dont know what to go with, victor or weiand stelth. i just want a reliable boat that i can get in and ride.. thank you again for all the info your giving me. its making this project alot eaiser 460

Since your project is a jet and the engine rpms will be in the 52-5500 range the 800 D/P should work good. You might want to consider the Stealth Manifold as it might be more compatable for the rpm range also. I have no experence with jetboat stuff and it may be adviseable to talk to some of the jetboat guys and what they run.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    058:
    The 800 CFM Holley will work ok but you didn't say what your application is, Jetboat, V-drive or Outdrive? As for manifolds go If you are going to run a single carb on the tunnel, why bother? Tunnels were made for a pair of carbs and I've never seen a single carb on a tunnel work as good or better than a std. single plane manifold such as a Victor. I would agree with you on that but I have to disagree. I dont know if you know him but he is on these boards and his name is Jordanpaulk. He is running a tunnelram with a single holley and his boat hauls ass. I thought it would never work untill I met him at one of our lakes. I have seen him blow by people with that single carb. I still dont understand how it works but his boat made me a believer wink Not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to tell you what I saw. I would personally never do it unless I was broke, wait.....I am broke what am I talking about I run dual holley 600's vac secondary and mine runs decent. These words are jussss my lil 2 pennies laying around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast