Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Real Estate outlook???

Supultlbich
    Was wondering if there are any opinions on the future of the housing market in Havasu. Am looking to build a vacation home for my family and am curious what you folks think as to the future of the market and the growth of the city, and the surrounding area??

riverroyal
    you may not see the price jump like the last three years,but it will do better than socal

Ion
    Unless some unforeseen major catastrophe occurs, Havasu will always be a good investment, like any other resort town with features people find desireable.

2Driver
    From experience, Go for a view lot in LHC or waterfront in Parker, both always stand the test of time and draw a premium. (If you can)

SummitKarl
    Was wondering if there are any opinions on the future of the housing market in Havasu. Am looking to build a vacation home for my family and am curious what you folks think as to the future of the market and the growth of the city, and the surrounding area??
    ok I have been in the market here sence 1996, and have been a Architect in Havasu for the Last 3yrs.
    Havasu sustained a avg of 12-15% growth (in Value) per year between 1996 and 2002, in 2003 we jumped and sustained a 30% plus per year increase in Value,through the start of 2005, it's slowed down a bit in the last 6 months mostly due to a FLOOD of resales (people taking taking their equity) and new home construction is about Half of what it was last year, mostly due the increase cost of land, but it has only slightly affected the price of New homes or the increase of our booming 30%+ per year return, Havasu will continue to grow mostly to the North end of town and will eventually build out through Topock to the I -40, on the other side of the I -40 golden shores is currently in it's beginning boom and will eventualy build out into the community of sterling to be located at H-95 and I-40, I will continue to buy land and build homes here for many years to come.
    If you chose to build a home I cam promiss you at least a $30k profit from the time you sign a contract to the time you C.O. and move in. and that will continue to happen till western AZ is built out from BHC to Erinberg and then it will just build east till it meets up with Pheonix. I fully expect Western Az to catch up with Ca prices as the river becomes the next SoCal coast line.
    just a little FYI from my exp.

TCHB
    I feel the property will continue to go up for these reasons.
    1. California people selling expensive homes and moving to Havasu (retire).
    2. California people buying vacation homes with plans to move to Havasu.
    3. California people buying vacation homes as fun and investment.
    4. California people moving to Havasu to be able to buy a home, eat and
    raise a family.

Burley1
    [QUOTE=TCHB]I feel the property will continue to go up for these reasons.
    raise a family.[/QUOTE
    I must agree

SummitKarl
    [QUOTE=TCHB]I feel the property will continue to go up for these reasons.
    raise a family.[/QUOTE
    I must agree
    you forgot "snowbirds" that buy way more homes here than Taxifornian's

shueman
    you forgot "snowbirds" that buy way more homes here than Taxifornian's
    Yup...

Jrocket
    What about the Californians that took out huge equity lines on there homes to put money down on these Havasu places,and then the market and interest rates go back up and so does there interest only equity line payments.Work gets slow and then what will we have?And what about all those odd ball loans that are out there for these Havasu house,how will those catch up when the real payments start in?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast