Thread: through transom exhaust.

mdenunzio
    I have a 78 hallett ss21 vdrive. it currently has hardin logs and I want to upgrade the exhaust to a center rise type manifold. is it worth it or should I just save and buy the jacketed headers? has mild 468 with 850 holley. Has engine deck cover so no over transom type will work.
    thanks!

lucky
    I am very happy - i run lightnings with 4 inch water cooled - undercover with rex tips and mufflers - sweet set up for anything around 550 h i'm confident to pass any test 1 and i'm blown ( just a lil )

mdenunzio
    did they make you order a custom set or did you get the standard price of their site... they told me that it needed to be a custom set ans extra$$$.

P-Money
    My set of EMI Thunders just showed up today, I'll let you know how I like them. If you decide to run non-jacketed headers, I have a set of Rewarders TT I need to get rid of asap.

lucky
    did they make you order a custom set or did you get the standard price of their site... they told me that it needed to be a custom set ans extra$$$.
    i had them make me a set ( standard set ) just adusted for angle of exit
    i paid 1800. well worth the quality
    the only problem i had is they run close to tall valve covers - and i had to dimple in one spot of -- I would recommend angled valvecovers

MKEELINE
    HB did a dyno test comparing logs and smaller flame arrestors with new manifolds and larger arrestors. I don't recall the numbers, but I think it was a fairly big difference. I think it was 2 or 3 issues ago.
    I also have a 78 Hallett SS v-drive.

mdenunzio
    HB did a dyno test comparing logs and smaller flame arrestors with new manifolds and larger arrestors. I don't recall the numbers, but I think it was a fairly big difference. I think it was 2 or 3 issues ago.
    was it the paper copy or online also?

MKEELINE
    It was in the magazine. I have the copy at home , not sure what month it was. I'll check tonight.

GofastRacer
    I have a 78 hallett ss21 vdrive. it currently has hardin logs and I want to upgrade the exhaust to a center rise type manifold. is it worth it or should I just save and buy the jacketed headers? has mild 468 with 850 holley. Has engine deck cover so no over transom type will work.
    thanks!
    Hey, if you do change over and you want to part with those logs, let me know I maybe interested in them!..

HM
    The article is called Flow-a-constrictor.
    Article on Logs and small CFM flame arestors - Mike Finnegan wrote it and he goes by Cyclone here on the boards. The numbers were significant on both robbed HP and Torque.