Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ski platforms love or hate on cats

rustyk
    My Firehawk doesn't have ski platforms, if it were you would you leave it alone, or install some and what kind would it be. please tell me some suggestions.
    russ
    p.s. what do you think of inodized?

Reaper1
    The swim steps from Dana Marine don't look to bad on a cat and you can get them in many anodized colors.

Robbie Racer
    I have the Dana platforms that are anodized to match the rest of my hardware. I think it looks good and they are very helpful in getting out of the water on my Carrera 257.

Skaterfast
    Stick with powder coating.Anodization will fade,especialy if in the water all the time.Go to Eddie Marine.Eddie marine has better people,and better products.

rustyk
    Thanks guys! You are right about fading i can see it already. can some of you put a pic of the back of your boat here that has a platform, i sure would like to see it, others may also get ideas from some of yours.SHOW US SOME BOAT A_ _!
    LOL
    THANKS
    Russ

Horsepowerchik
    The Danas are great on the DCB.

HPChik

missboatnam1
    if you have a dcb,american offshore,eliminator,howard you better love them or your going to have a hell of a time getting out of the water.

mbrown2
    The DANA's look great on the Mach 26 and other cats; getting the Aqua Step on one of the Mach26 steps to help even more with boarding with people who are under the influence or can't pull themselves up.

25Elmn8r
    It would be insane trying to get out of the water without one. I am considering getting an aquastep on mine also to help some people out of the water. We do alot of skiing and tubing with our 25 Daytona.

DogHouse
    Well ya know the best way to get swim steps on a cat is to buy a Magic with the full swim deck!
    J/k ya, but it is nice to not have to worry about kids and drunks falling off the back of the boat into hardware. We have the aquastep but I have mixed feelings about it. It's a trick piece but doesn't hang down far enough in our application to be very useful. It'd also be nice if it could be manually latched in the down position. Small kids have a hard time with it. Another grab handle in a strategic location on the back of the boat would help too; I may look into that soon.
    -brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast