Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach---Where to eat?

I'm going to be making a quick trip to SoCal this week. If time permits, I'm hoping to make a detour to Long Beach for a little sight seeing. Spent a couple weeks there every summer in the 60's and early 70's visiting my Dad's mom. I'd like to check out all the spots I vaguely remember and perhaps grab lunch or dinner while I'm at it. So, what do you suggest?

Racer277
    Aki Sushi on 7th is good...
    Rock Bottom Brewery on Ocean Blvd, good but expensive....

BoatPI
    I don't know if it is Ahi, but the shushi place at 7th and PCh, in the super market (Ralphs?) shopping center is great.

coolchange
    If you go to the marina area The Yard House is good and Tequila Jacks both at Shoreline Village by the convention center. Take a Gondola ride with the wife.

MikeF
    www.joejosts.com
    #1 liquor license ever given in LB. COOL place!
    My (fishing) buddy Lenny works at Claim Jumper behind the bar. They got some big food there too! Easy to find.

charlyox
    ditto. the Yard House is good. Also Parkers light house in shoreline village also

I've heard the Yardhouse mentioned here in the Sandbar quite often. Being on the water is a plus. Anyone got the address?
    An additional question. We used to spend all our time at the beach while there, except for the obligatory Disneyland visit. Most of the time we would just go to the ocean, but we would sometimes go to a beach in a harbor/bay. It was on the north side of the bay and I seem to remember being able to see the ocean close by. Had a volleyball court and a snack bar on the beach. Any idea where this might have been?

burtandnancy
    555 club. Located at 555 Vine Excellent

Mrs.Racer277
    I've heard the Yardhouse mentioned here in the Sandbar quite often. Being on the water is a plus. Anyone got the address?
    An additional question. We used to spend all our time at the beach while there, except for the obligatory Disneyland visit. Most of the time we would just go to the ocean, but we would sometimes go to a beach in a harbor/bay. It was on the north side of the bay and I seem to remember being able to see the ocean close by. Had a volleyball court and a snack bar on the beach. Any idea where this might have been?
    Yard House
    401 Shorline Village Dr.
    Long Beach,CA
    862-628-0455

probablecause
    If you really want to get out for a gut busting southern meal, then you should try JOHNNY REBS (http://losangeles.citysearch.com/pro...roadhouse.html). It is in a shady area (take your gun) but you can't beat the food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast