Thread: how hot is to hot? (oil temps)

MoparSanger
    I just put a new motor in my boat and the oil temps is about 260ºF should I start looking for a oil cooler? or is it safe with just a good oil.

FastRat1
    i dont own a Mopar...but Chevy manual suggests: "A temp range of 180-230 deg is normal...oil temp should never exceed 230 deg--but often will no matter how hard we try to keep it cooler. Chevy suggests oil temp in the pan should never exceed 300 deg"...u might consider looking for a cooler...hope this little bit of info helps
    Ron

FastRat1
    ck the auction in V-Drives...there is a Dan Wesson oil cooler for sale (bid)...if u have any ??...PM me
    Ron

victorfb
    check out Rexone's post. he is going to be putting some coolers on sale because of overstck. might be a great time to snatch one up.

blownmoney
    ck the auction in V-Drives...there is a Dan Wesson oil cooler for sale (bid)...if u have any ??...PM me
    your thinking of the wrong kinda oil there brother!!..its a dan olsen oil cooler

UBFJ #454
    Oil viscosity starts to break down above 230 F. How big of an oil pan are you running?