Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JetBoat Guru's, I need some HELP Please...

BarryMac
    The last few trips I've been noticing a lot more water in the Bilge, in fact one night I left the Boat in a slip out of convenience, when I got to the boat in the morning there was what seemed to be 300 gallons of water in the boat, I turned on the Bilge Pump, it pumped for at least 20 minutes. In talking with a lot of friends that are more JetBoat savy then myself they suggested filling the bilge with water while it is on the Trailer, I finally had a chance this weekend, it is leaking pretty good between the Bowl and the Transom Adapter??? Not really sure what the terminology is for the part. The pump is an American Turbine AT-309 and it has a Hydraulic Place Diverter, if this makes any difference. Here a a couple of pictures of the leak, can someone tell me if there is a seal on between these two parts or if I should use some sort of Silicone Sealant to stop the leaking. Any help and advice that you are willing to give would be great. Thanks a ton...
    The water is leaking where the two parts mate up...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...56DSC01807.JPG
    In this picture you can actually see the water drips, in about a 1/2 hour it had leaked out a good 1/2 gallon at least.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...56DSC01806.JPG
    One other thing, I'm sure you noticed that the paint is coming off of the Bowl and Transom Adapter? What can I use to put this back to White? Thanks again...

Hustler
    Go to Home Depot and get the 3M window and door clear silicone.(it's in a blue and silver tube) make sure your surface is clean and fill that crack with silicone I've had to do mine a couple times this season since I had to have the pump worked on

olbiezer
    leaks around the pump and transum addapter are pretty common on jets....just do what hustler said and silacone that whole area around the pump. that should fix that problem ........paint? i know nothing about paint

BarryMac
    Thanks Guys, I wasn't sure if there was a Seal in there that I should be replacing, I figured I should ask the experts before I went to the Home Depot and bought caulking, I know that Jets are notorious for leaking but 300 gallons in about 9 hours seemed to be over the top.

Cas
    I used this sealant from West Marine
    http://www.westmarine.com/images/full/26101_f.jpg
    One-part, thiokol-based polysulfide sealant cures to a positive waterproof seal. Resists oil, brine, gas, water and most chemicals.
    Bonds to wood, fiberglass, metal and glass.
    For use above and below waterline.
    No priming required except on oily woods such as teak.
    Comes in 2.8 ounce tubes and 10.6 ounce cartridges.
    Works great!

Am I a little late getting here?

BarryMac
    Am I a little late getting here?
    I actually thought of you when I created the thread...

olbiezer
    ah tony...this one was way below your level of expertise.......let the rookies like me handle the easy ones lol.....after 4 jet boats and 2 wifes ..i know silicone!!!!!! just cant spell it :rollside: :rollside:

ah tony...this one was way below your level of expertise.......let the rookies like me handle the easy ones lol.....after 4 jet boats and 2 wifes ..i know silacone!!!!!! just cant spell it :rollside: :rollside:
    Let me help ya out with that spelling olbiezer.
    S I L L Y C O N E

ShutYaPieHole
    I had this happen to me two weeks ago at black meadows. I slept in my boat wednesday night(dont ask why). We ran the boat all day thursday to the bridge and back twice anchored thursday night. Started partying and woke up to a sunken boat. What really pissed me off is i just added a rule 1100 autobilge and brand new batteries. I even hooked the bilge striaght to the batttery. I also have 750 manual pump. It was sunken up to the dash board.I lost my amps,ignition, speakers and pumped 8 gallons of water from the motor. I made the mistake of painting my bowl and i dont think silicone sticks to slick surfaces to good. Thanks to my buddies we were able to ride with them the rest of the trip.
    I'll sanding down the painted area thursday and applying marine grade silicone. A real thick coat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast