Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: head---------Airflow Reasearch BBC

waterbum
    First i'd like to say hello to all my friends here,i've been gone for awhile,as though anyone noticed My question is,is anyone using the bbc heads from airflow reasearch.I talked to them and they promised me some pretty impressive numbers.I would like to hear from those in the know.Bum

KC
    I talked to them also, collected their flow numbers and dropped them into the dyno2000 software.
    Initially I was looking at their 305 as is, only to find out that the casting was not available. Only the 315 CNC was available - that might have changed since six weeks ago.
    For my cam profile and compression ratio the 305 made significant difference as compared to other heads, after discovering the price and lack of availability I decided to go with dart pro1 310 for significantly better price.
    KC

waterbum
    I'm very interrested in the cnc'd 315's.625 horses with a cam change and these heads out of my 500hp?Could it be true? Forgot to mention i'm also runnin a stage v Nickerson carb,port matched intake and a crossover.The idea is to build a 540 after I wear the hp out.

MellowYelloW
    i work for paul pfaff and we tested the AFR's on a stock 502 with 1050dom and mild cam and got 625hp on dyno....from my experence there pretty good heads..

waterbum
    I'm liken it more and more!!!

KC
    in a few word..... inhale, exhale...

KC
    earlier tonight I compared my motor between the AFR and Dart Pro 1 and they came out the same, indicating that my "close to stock" motor is not breathing hard enough to take full advantage of the AFRs.
    My software says....
    454 Mag MPI stock block @9.2:1
    cam GM_24502611 211/230 0.521/0.550 w/112lsa
    below water exhaust
    Dart Pro 1 w/310cc intake runners
    452hp @5000, 559ftlbs @3500
    Hopeing it will spin a Bravo I 28P

cyclone
    i'm pretty sure that those heads are going to be available in December.

flat broke
    Give Dave at DNE motorsports a call regarding the AFR heads. I believe he has seen some numbers from AFR and might be able to add a little info to your quest.
    Chris

waterbum
    Chris do you happen to have the phone # for DNE motorsports? I like to do as much reasearch as possible before making decisions like this,you know,we all want the maximus reliable horsepower per benjamin!!! wink Bum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast