Thread: pros & cons

Ralph Brunt
    hi all i'm in a bit of a spot took the familly out to piru this weekend after replacing a set of cracked heads boat ran great for half of sat then starts to sputter anything above 3000 rpm's ok adjust points and clean runs good again but hard to start long crank time. has stock ford marine dist tried to change points wrong point's. wife fuc$*ng pissed of at this point pull boat out to go get gas. go figure no station at lake first time there, now i'm pissed ajdust and clean points again a little better get familly out on water boat dies wife really mad now NO REALLY FUC#$%g MAD get towed to dock pull out wife says you fix this fu#$ing boat or sell it . at least i got the option to fix first. so my ? is do any of you run either the msd pro-billet 85806 or the ready to run 83506 it's just a familly ski boat no high perf here just looking for reliabillity. its a 19' hawaiian with a 460 and jucuzzi yj pump nothing special just wanna have a good time with my familly any info is allready appreciated thanx ralph

Jeanyus
    Try getting a different wife.

JayBee
    Pertronix..... $60 module that goes in your current distributor and replaces the points with a hassle free all electronic pickup. I've always had great luck with them...

Yup, Pertronix and/or new wife. Two upgrades at once!

Replace the points with a hassle free all electronic pickup. I've always had great luck with them...
    AMEN!
    Doesn't necessarily need to be a Pertronix, but some form of magnetic or optics distributor, or conversion kit. You don't need the added headache of a points distributor.

1978 Rogers
    I went to Crane Cams XRi module. Seems to work fine also.

Ralph Brunt
    Yup, Pertronix and/or new wife. Two upgrades at once!
    she just mad cause we had our 2 year old daughter out with us butt not a bad idea lol. i'll look into the pertronix thanx

Ralph Brunt
    well went out to rex marine on friday nice place by the way. anyway decided on the msd ready to run marine dist. nice looking piece, butt by no means ready to run, unless they talking about ready to run back to the speed shop to get more parts lol. I just didn't know i needed different wires until i opend the box at rex's they just happen to be out of stock on the wires i needed. So i'll be at the speed shop tommarow i'll let you guys know howw it works next weekend oh yeah thanx rex. ralph