Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam - 18' Gullwing w/ 460 Ford for sale.

Jetmugg
    For sale - 1978 PJB Gullwing (Earl Smith) - 18 footer, Black Gelcoat with Green Trim. 460 Ford powered. A huge amount of work and money has gone into this boat. Here's a brief list. There are pics in the Image Gallery.
    Boat has been stripped clean, all holes in stringers plugged, and the stringers have been wrapped in carbon fiber. Bottom is speed coated (last 5 feet or so). New gelcoat. NOTE - Gelcoat is not perfect, could use the touch of someone good with gel to get final finish. Included will be additional gel coat and a brand new, never been installed rub rail. Hull could be "capped" if you don't want the rub rail.
    New full length 2-1/2" aluminum rail kit installed (from transom to front seats)
    Aluminum front and rear motor plates, new billet "feet" at all motor mount and pump brace locations. All stainless fasteners and Nylocks at all stringer mounting locations.
    New fiberglass race buckets, new grey tweed upholstery
    New Rex steering bezel, new steering wheel, new cable and rack
    Rex billet shifter handle and new cable
    New Lightning foot throttle and cable
    New Beedee guages
    New billet grab handle (Oh sh&t handle)
    Berkeley intake and suction piece, machined by MPD, set back about 4 inches. Aggressor bowl, SS Berk impeller worked by MPD. New SS inducer worked by MPD. New Jetaway. Stuffer in the bowl. Don's pump service shaft seal. Bowl flowed by MPD. NEW Berk droop. Hydraulic PD with bennett pump and all braided SS lines with AN fittings Custom pump brace. Ride plate, shoe, and loader by MPD. (There is over $3700 in the pump alone).
    New Optima blue top battery and billet battery tray.
    New Imco 10 gallon T-tank
    -10 fuel line, system 1 filter, Holley pump, all plumbing is SS braided lines and AN fittings. Billet fuel distribution block, mechanical fuel guage. There are no hose clamps anywhere in the fuel or water plumbing system. All first class stuff.
    460 Ford - stock bottom end internally, comp cams magnum cam. Estimated 375-400 hp.
    Bigs 850 DP carb on a Victor intake. Starts perfectly every time, idles like a dream, and no hesitation, bogs, or problems whatsoever. Beatiful piece of work.
    MSD 6AL ignition, including MSD billet distributor
    1 wire chrome alternator
    New Basset headers, T valve, and lines. (2 hours on headers and lines) All water lines are SS braided with AN fittings.
    Canton 12 Quart oil pan
    New timing set (straight up)
    All ARP fasteners on engine
    New polished scoop with SS flame arrestor.
    Will include brand new, never used Nitrous Express setup with billet bottle bracket for stringer mounting. Complete setup, including braided line, switches, solenoids, plate, bottle, jets, etc.
    Tandem Trailer has new chrome wheels, new tires, and new fenders, mounts, and steps. Trailer has removable tongue. I'm pretty sure the trailer is an original Competitive trailer, but is now registered as home made.
    This boat has only been wet once since re-assembly. It ran 70.9 mph at 4700 rpms. Since then, I have added additional wedge to the bowl, adjusted the ride plate. I still want to fine tune the timing of the engine, and expect to run 75 mph on the motor alone. This boat has virtually unlimited performance potential. Just add more power.
    $6000 OBO - the boat and trailer are currently in my garage in Festus, MO (just south of St Louis). I'll help with delivery.
    Steve Menendez
    PS - this boat is for sale to fund my next boat project, a "family" jet boat with covered engine compartment and seating for more than 2.

Jetmugg
    Here are links to a couple of threads with pics of the boat. Since the time these pics were taken, the fenders and steps have been installed on the trailer, and the trailer has a fresh coat of black paint.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84753
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84753 (http://http://www2.***boat.com/forum...ad.php?t=84753)

Jetmugg
    Here are some pics from the initial rigging (before finalization).
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84447

psd4me
    Hi Steve if you haven't found your next project I have a 21' 79 tahiti empress for sale. I'm 60 miles west of Chicago. Can provide pics. Thanks Mike

Jetmugg
    Mike:
    You can send pics directly to me at Jetmugg@aol.com.
    Thanks,
    Steve.

Jetmugg
    Since that pic was taken, the trailer has been ground smooth on the sides, with new fenders, inner fenders, and steps welded on. The trailer also sports a fresh coat of black paint since the pics.
    SteveM.

Jetmugg
    No serious inquiries yet, anybody care to make an offer? I need to make room in the garage for my upcoming "family" boat project.
    SteveM.

Squirtin Thunder
    No serious inquiries yet, anybody care to make an offer? I need to make room in the garage for my upcoming "family" boat project.
    SteveM.
    Not you too !!!

Jetmugg
    I've got the "Family Boat Flu". I've had it for many years, actually (since the birth of my son 4 years ago). The difference is that now, I have to act on the Flu. The previous boats have not satisfied the family requirements (18' Marlin, 19' Gullwing (even though it was open bow), 18' Kachina, and this 18' Gullwing.
    It looks like the new one will be a 20' Spectra.
    SteveM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast