Thread: Naci or San Antonio??

Big Bear
    Can anyone give me pros and cons for the two lakes?? Been to Naci last year when the water was low, otherwise loved the lake. Taking alot of family members, kids and Grandma so access to beach areas is a plus. That's why we might lean toward San Antonio. Are there any shallow water or obstacle problems for a large deep V on San Antonio?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Havasu Luvr
    Hey Robey, glad to see your getting to the water... even though it in the wrong direction

NashvilleBound
    Naci in a second. I just didnt like the locals bathing in there while I was there. It was..uh...nasty. Naci is much nicer ad I think cleaner. I miss it. Always a good time.

Big Bear
    Hey David, This is a yearly thing for the family since Frans bro lives in Atascadero. Try to get it out of the way during the hottest months. I just came off a schedule of 7 days 12 hours a day and will go back to it in a week or two. I'm being realistic in saying at least another month before I can head that way again. Sorry I have not been around the keyboard, first time in a month that I actually have an evening!!

Brooski
    I prefer Naci. Lots more coves to exlore, you can always get out of any rough water, set up day camp anywhere. San Antonio is just more long and narrow. If the wind comes up, not much shelter from it. But, you can camp at alot of places along the water. If you go to Naci during the week, you can camp real close to the water and its not that busy.

Big Bear
    Thanks, this will be a one day outing. Pull the kids around on the water toy, take turns giving rides in the boat, etc. etc.
    Last year we did it at Naci but had to ferry two loads from the ramp and then back. Would be more convenient to be able to drive up to our beach spot but does San Antonio suck so it would not be worth it even for the convenience??

Brooski
    Just a day trip, then I would say San Antonio, if you want to drive next to the beach area you are at.

Big Bear
    Thanks Brooski, looks like that's what the family is leaning towards. I was just worried about water quality, obstacles for a big V bottom, stuff like that.