Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks from the troops

76BARRON
    Most of this I have already posted in V-Drive's over the last few weeks.With
    the SANDBAR being a much bigger forum I thought I would post some of it here. I will try and keep it short. Having a family member(billy.b) home from IRAQ for two weeks I learnd there is not much in the way of intertainment over there and what the troop's mis the most other than loved ones is working on,driving ,riding on there toy's Car's,trucks,boats,bike's etc.
    What they Do enjoy is watching DVD's of that kind of stuff to hear the engines run and stuff like that to remind them of toy's at home.After V-DRIVE VIDEO (Jerry Griffin)heard of this he donated a bunch of DVD'S to the troops over there! FYI DVD's are best as they watch them on lap top computer's.
    Since Billy's Return to IRAQ his truck has hit a land mine the truck took most of it but he still broke several rib's and lost his eye sight for a few days,he is recovering well now!
    Today a thank you letter came from Iraq for V-Drive Video and along with it a couple of pic's of the troops that recieved the DVD's.
    Kindvater will post them for me later as I dont know how
    One pic is the troops them selve's the other is Billy's 2 vehicle's. The one on the left has since hit a land mine and is out of commission along with the driver(billy). Billy's unit is the 557th Recovery out of Barstow, CA
    What they do is whenever somthing gets blown up they have to Recover
    (clean it up) including bodies and while doing this often the bad guy's shoot at them.As you can see in the pic,s these boy's have alot of guns and
    BELIEVE ME they know how to use them! Watch out dirt bag's!
    Sorry if this went to long :redface: Pic's will follow soon.
    76Barron

piper
    Great pictures. Keep posting anything you get. These guys need our support.

hoolign
    KUDOS!! Great job V-Drive Video..they deserve it!! Looks like theys packin da power!!

SummitKarl
    have your friend download this link and slap it on a DVD for me
    4thgearstart135mphburnout (http://www.onesummernighthavasu.com/100_0127.MOV)
    anything to suport those that supply my freedom
    Thankyou to all our troops
    Karl

mike37
    our troops owe us no thank its us that need to be thanking them

OGShocker
    our troops owe us no thank its us that need to be thanking them
    Every damn day!

JustMVG
    Have been sending over some magazines and will start sending some of my motocross and wakeboarding dvd's and stuff like that.
    Thanks come from myself and my friends everyday to the troops.
    MVG

Badger301
    Whats the best way to send stuff? Is there a central location to send it?

Longtime Lurker
    Whats the best way to send stuff? Is there a central location to send it?
    My nephew (Anthony) is also serving out in Iraq. We exchange emails on a regular basis. he has mentioned a web site (www.anysolider.com) where you can adopt a soldier. Some of the things Anthony said the soldiers really can use are baby wipes, batteries (especially 9volt, AA, and AAA), phone cards and these drink mixes. They are made by crystal lite, and they come in individual packets that can be added to a bottle of water.
    Anthony is a 2nd. Lt. and distributes mail for his guys. If anyone can guide me on the best phone cards to use from Iraq it would be greatly appreciated. Anthony uses the phone cards as rewards for his men. He has just recently began his stint out there (he shipped off at the end of may) and says it's going as well as can be expected. He has sent some cool pictures. When I figure out how to post them, I will.
    Keep him and all our soliders in your thoughts and prayers.
    Longtime Lurker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast