Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotguns??

cdog
    I've been looking around for a while for a semi auto and don't really know what to buy or look for. I grew up hunting with a 870 Remington Express Pump. Mostly Quail. I would like a versitile gun that I can use for all bird hunting and skeet. It also has to be american made. And prefer a 12 gauge. Any recomendations?

djunkie
    Remington 1187. Hands down the best for the value. A little heavy but VERY reliable and you can hunt almost anything with it.

Red Horse
    I can recommend a pump gun. Not sure if they make it in an auto.
    Mossberg 835 UltiMag with a ported barrel. Follow up shots are great, low rise, low kick and American made.
    Will also shoot 3 1/2 inch shells. Very versatile

Jordy
    12 gauge is the only way to go, especially for quail. However, I'm out of the loop on my model numbers. Then again, I started off on a single shot 20 gauge and graduated to a sweet Winchester 12 gauge O/U. The extra shot is nice from time to time though.

cdog
    Why are the remingtons so much cheaper than brownings?

Red Horse
    Because they are Remingtons :boxed:
    It is preference. I like Winchester and Mossberg. Grandpa swears by Remington. I get near one and it will jamb. I could use my Mossberg as a bat and it will work flawlessly

djunkie
    Why are the remingtons so much cheaper than brownings?
    Not sure. I have a friend with a browning Gold hunter 12 guage and I really do not like it. Does not feel comfortable to me. I have the Remington 1187 that I use for hunting. I have more expensive guns but this is my choice for the field.

cdog
    12 gauge is the only way to go, especially for quail. However, I'm out of the loop on my model numbers. Then again, I started off on a single shot 20 gauge and graduated to a sweet Winchester 12 gauge O/U. The extra shot is nice from time to time though.
    There you are. I saw you at pleasent. I did't know you had a new boat. I too started off with a single shot 20 gauge.

djunkie
    Because they are Remingtons :boxed:
    It is preference. I like Winchester and Mossberg. Grandpa swears by Remington. I get near one and it will jamb. I could use my Mossberg as a bat and it will work flawlessly
    Mossberg pumps are nice but stay away from the new auto they got. Its the 935. It will shoot the big 3.5's but it does jam often.

Forkin' Crazy
    I have several older 1100 Remington autos. They have been through hell. Duck, deer, etc. Dropped in the water, mud, etc. They all still work great and shoot well. If the 1187 is as good, I would buy one, but I have to wear out my others first.
    Pump, I would go old school, Model 12 Win.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast