Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil coming out distributer....

78Eliminator
    What would cause this to happen??

BrendellaJet
    is it coming from the distributor base where it meets the intake? If so you need to make sure that you have a fresh gasket between the two surfaces and that the distributor is fully clamped down to the intake.

Hotcrusader76
    78Eliminator:
    What would cause this to happen??He said the inside???? Yikes

Jordy
    What are you running for breathers on your valve covers? If there is no way for crankcase pressure (blow by) to escape, be it an evac system, breathers, etc, the pressure is going to have to go somewhere, even if it is up and out through your distributor.
    Jordy

78Eliminator
    jordanpaulk:
    What are you running for breathers on your valve covers? If there is no way for crankcase pressure (blow by) to escape, be it an evac system, breathers, etc, the pressure is going to have to go somewhere, even if it is up and out through your distributor.
    Jordy I run breathers that have lins to the headers. In the lines are one way valves... I better check the valves....

78Eliminator
    What grade oil are you running JP?

Jordy
    78Eliminator:
    I run breathers that have lins to the headers. In the lines are one way valves... I better check the valves....Make sure they are set up to run the right way, out that is. Sounds like pressure build up to my untrained mind.
    As far as oil, I run straight 50W Racing, either Kendall or Valvoline. I've run both with no noticable difference in pressure. I also run 1 QT of Lucas oil stabilizer as part of a preventive maintenance program in the event water gets introduced to the oil again.
    Jordy

MikeF
    Justin, I believe there is oil pressure from the galleys to the dist shaft (normal). You might need a new seal on the mallory dist. There is a place in Fullerton that could probley help you as they work w/ mallory's. If you were going to move to the MSD, you could do that now.
    And Bassett is right down the st. for the Scoop....
    [ September 03, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

Hotcrusader76
    MikeF:
    Justin, I believe there is oil pressure from the galleys to the dist shaft (normal). You might need a new seal on the mallory dist. There is a place in Fullerton that could probley help you as they work w/ mallory's. If you were going to move to the MSD, you could do that now.Move to the MSD...jump on the band wagon that I am doing....MSD MSD MSD MSD...sell the Mallory, I am...but don't stomp my market for a used one...LOL
    [ September 03, 2002, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

78Eliminator
    MikeF:
    Justin, I believe there is oil pressure from the galleys to the dist shaft (normal). You might need a new seal on the mallory dist. There is a place in Fullerton that could probley help you as they work w/ mallory's. If you were going to move to the MSD, you could do that now.
    And Bassett is right down the st. for the Scoop.... I am pretty sure the one on there is a MSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast