Jbb

Sleek-Jet
    It pisses me off that birds even have a union... lazy focks... :hammerhea

Nate56
    Man thats gotta suck...

Wonderboy
    That's a pretty crazy video.

Water Romper
    That bird make that million dollar jet crash???
    DAMNÂ… :jawdrop:

Beer-30
    That was one of those Tali-Ban trained Hawks.

Jbb
    Update on this video...
    I visit your site quite regularly, but I've never written in till now. The jet in question is a CT-155 Hawk. It is a jet trainer built by British Aerospace Systems and flewn by the Canadian Air Force.(CT-155 is the Canadian designation. The British designation is BAE 115 Hawk, or something like that.) The accident happened about 2 years ago in Moose Jaw, Saskatechewan, where a lot of the pilot training for the Canadian Air Force is done. I just completed pilot training there myself, although I didn't fly the Hawk.
    Anyway, as you can see, they had a bird strike shortly after take-off. They were doing about 230 knots, and at 200 feet when they sucked in the bird. The one and only engine flamed out almost immediately. There was a student and instructor in the airplane at the time. The instructor immediately took control and attempted to turn around in order to carry out a forced landing. However, they didn't have enough altitude and decided to eject. They were at about 800 feet, 150 knots when the ejected. Both pilots survived. The student had virtually no injuries. The instructor severely injured his spine and broke his leg. The student returned to flying almost immediately. I am unsure if the instructor is back flying, but as of about 7 or 8 months ago, he was not.
    Here is a link to a site with several pictures of the Hawk, as well as more info. I'd be happy to answer anymore questions you may have.
    Cheers,
    Mike G.
    Pilot, Canadian Air Force
    And this was the type plane... (http://www.airforce.forces.ca/equip/ct-155/hawk1_e.asp)

Jbb
    No comments from Brown about the Canadian Air force being brought to its knees by a blue jay.....hmmmm...something is wrong here....

KACHINA KEN
    No comments from Brown about the Canadian Air force being brought to its knees by a blue jay.....hmmmm...something is wrong here....
    ROTF

Uplink
    Incredible video. I'm just wondering how that videotape survived the crash...
    :idea: