Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network vs. DirecTV

dmontzsta
    I just made the switch to Dish Network. The guy started asking about my boats in the driveway so that started the conversation right.
    Going to get two tivo boxes and two regular boxes (4 total) it is going to be $55 a month w/ tivo service. I am paying around $68 per month with DirecTv.
    Anyone had bad experiences?

HocusPocus
    i have had directv since they first came out.. never had any problems.

Racer277
    I've had Dish for 2 years.
    I'm switching to Direct.
    This Tivo (DVR) works fine, the real tivo (direct) works better (follows the program not the timeslot). Ama nationals are now shown on OLN, I need to pay $11 more for that on Dish. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

HCS
    Iv'e had no problems at all with Dish Network. 4 free boxes installed. 55 per.
    That's what I got.

gramps
    Last weekend Dish network shut off my east coast and west coast network channels "by accident". I had waivers from the networks to get those channels. Now Dish Network will not turn on the channels until I go thru the wavier process again.................tell me that ain't a bunch of bull. I told them if the shut them off by accident they SHOULD be able to turn them back on...........they won't do it!!!!!

HCS
    Last weekend Dish network shut off my east coast and west coast network channels "by accident". I had waivers from the networks to get those channels. Now Dish Network will not turn on the channels until I go thru the wavier process again.................tell me that ain't a bunch of bull. I told them if the shut them off by accident they SHOULD be able to turn them back on...........they won't do it!!!!!
    Wow! that's a bunch of shit.

marty722
    There DVR Boxes don't work and they lie through there teeth!!! Direct TV you pay alittle more but get better service and it will always work for most part... Dump Dish before they get you into a contract. I was stuck for a year and counted the days until I was able to get out... Same goes with Nextel!!!!!!!!

ahhell
    just switched to dish from directv, 4 rooms 49.00 with 3months free hbo, showtime...yada,yada...so far so good. Hqad direct for 8n years w/o a problem, but never offered any upgrades till I told them i was cancelling :220v:
    dont need tivo or dvr...if im not home to watch it ...o well, its only TV
    GRAMPS....how the hell are you!!!!!!!! :rollside:

gramps
    just switched to dish from directv, 4 rooms 49.00 with 3months free hbo, showtime...yada,yada...so far so good. Hqad direct for 8n years w/o a problem, but never offered any upgrades till I told them i was cancelling :220v:
    dont need tivo or dvr...if im not home to watch it ...o well, its only TV
    GRAMPS....how the hell are you!!!!!!!! :rollside:
    tired and pissed and more tired.................

dmontzsta
    Sounds like its pretty mixed so far.
    I just hope the Tivo works well, that is what I need. I miss all the good shit and when I do get a chance to watch TV I want to watch the good shows I missed, not whats on at the time.
    BTW: Hogan Knows Best is an awesome show.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast