Thread: So I'm getting this chopper........

superdave013
    It's kinda the last thing I need or want but sometimes that's just that.
    A few years ago my very best friend died of cancer. All of his bikes went to another friend. That was cool as those 2 rode together and hung out for years before I even knew Jerry. Well anyway, he now say's he won't be doing anything with them and wants them out of his way.
    He offered to give them back to Jerry's wife but a bunch of old bikes (most are basket cases) is not on her list. But it was cool of him to offer them to her first. So she didn't know what to do and called me. She asked me what this stuff is worth and said she needs help to just sell it all. He has a few stock ones that are in real ruff shape but to a collector would be worth something. I think this bike would be used for parts at best. But in the 70's when Jerry built it it was a very cool bike and his pride and joy.
    Jerry built this bike when he was 19 and loved this thing. He put shit loads of miles on it only like a 19 ~ 21 year old kid could do on a hard tail chopper. I told his wife that's pretty much all that's left and it would be a real shame to see it get parted out or to just loose track of it.
    So in a nut shell she's going to let me hang on to it. I want to do some re-chrome and get Bill B to spray some black paint for me. Then I'll just put in in the lobby of my shop and just let it chill. I'll prolly never start it but it will be like my bro is hangin out with me. I know it's strange but oh well.
    Anyway here's an old skool chopper built in the mid 70's. The last I knew was it had a '47 650 c.c engine but I know he had a '57 engine for it too. I think the '47 is in it but not sure.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...s_bike-med.jpg

Norseman
    It's kinda the last thing I need or want but sometimes that's just that.
    A few years ago my very best friend died of cancer. All of his bikes went to another friend. That was cool as those 2 rode together and hung out for years before I even knew Jerry. Well anyway, he now say's he won't be doing anything with them and wants them out of his way.
    He offered to give them back to Jerry's wife but a bunch of old bikes (most are basket cases) is not on her list. But it was cool of him to offer them to her first. So she didn't know what to do and called me. She asked me what this stuff is worth and said she needs help to just sell it all. He has a few stock ones that are in real ruff shape but to a collector would be worth something. I think this bike would be used for parts at best. But in the 70's when Jerry built it it was a very cool bike and his pride and joy.
    Jerry built this bike when he was 19 and loved this thing. He put shit loads of miles on it only like a 19 ~ 21 year old kid could do on a hard tail chopper. I told his wife that's pretty much all that's left and it would be a real shame to see it get parted out or to just loose track of it.
    So in a nut shell she's going to let me hang on to it. I want to do some re-chrome and get Bill B to spray some black paint for me. Then I'll just put in in the lobby of my shop and just let it chill. I'll prolly never start it but it will be like my bro is hangin out with me. I know it's strange but oh well.
    Anyway here's an old skool chopper built in the mid 70's. The last I knew was it had a '47 650 c.c engine but I know he had a '57 engine for it too. I think the '47 is in it but not sure.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...s_bike-med.jpg
    Dave;
    That's pretty cool, that you ended up with the bike!! Somethomes things just work out!!
    I built one very similar to that in 1970, except mine had a Norton Commando engine in it.
    Back then there were lots of non HD choppers around. Sure wish I'd have kept mine.
    Hang on to it, the lobby sounds like a good place for it, so your close by when it starts calling your name to go for a ride!!!

v-drive
    That's a very cool thing for you to do and you are right thinking that your bud will be their with you.......v-drive

crf311
    Way cool. He'll be with you everyday.

RiverToysJas
    Awesome Dave!!! I hope it all works out for you.
    I'm closer to getting a Harley everyday.....but it's still a ways off.....
    RTJas