Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test Spam BBC Short Block

Liberator TJ1984
    Yep everything done here. Clearances checked by me personally.
    Ron,
    Then why don't you assemble everything as you go along ????
    It seems that you already basicly have to assemble to check clearances , so is it really that much more work ????
    ps, not trying to be a smart A , I would just rather feel better having it assembled :mix: by the person doing all the clearancing , etc......

Infomaniac
    Thats a good question man. I thought I would go ahead and install the crank. One less box to put on the pallet.
    Another reason reason being I get $800.00 to put one together. A guy just might want to put those coins to use somewhere else in his engine or boat etc. Me putting it together is still an option
    I don't have to install all the spiro locks, oil rail rings, rings on pistons, get all oily slamming the pistons in. spinning the engine up and back a thousand times putting the caps on etc.
    The only trial asembly will be if someone requests a specific deck height. Even then a little masking tape takes the place of rings and only 2 main bearings are used.

Infomaniac
    The Import version can be had for $4,790.00
    I have no problem using Eagle stuff and I will be taking care of any issues regarding the little inconsistancies in their machine work.

Liberator TJ1984
    Thats a very good idea to have the crank already put in and thrusts set That would be great for some of us that do not know of everything to look for when putting an engine together :hammerhea
    That is why I was asking about mainly , on my 327 the crank spun twice on me after I assembled myself , I took all the parts to the machine shop to be set up , but when I got the crank in , it was kinda tight to turn by hand , called them on the phone , they said ....oh it's probably just the type of assy lube your using....fired it up and lost oil psi after about 10mins...wiped out mains ,they redid all again , $$$$ ,,,same thing ...said I must have done something wrong ???? not their fault ??? took it to the guy who did my boat engine ...he checked everything and said the crank was bent !!!! went back to them and they said I bent the crank by putting too Much torque on mains :angry2:
    Just me maybe ...but that would be worth it to have you put together

INEEDAV
    This is only a test. Just curious if this might fly.
    Offering soon: All American Do It yourself short block kit. 502 - 555 CID
    All made in the U.S.A components. Fully machined, race balanced, clearances checked. Rings file fit, prepped for assembly, Just put it together.
    Merlin III block
    Callies Dragon Slayer Crank
    Callies "H" beam rods
    J&E Pistons any compression ratio
    Total Seal CR series rings
    Clevite bearings
    $4,925.00 Shipped
    Sounds like a hell of a buy to me. If I was building one I would go it.

meaniam
    Ron,
    Then why don't you assemble everything as you go along ????
    It seems that you already basicly have to assemble to check clearances , so is it really that much more work ????
    ps, not trying to be a smart A , I would just rather feel better having it assembled :mix: by the person doing all the clearancing , etc......
    my thought exactly, at least assemble the short block.

jdf
    when does this deal start up info

Sleek-Jet
    Another reason reason being I get $800.00 to put one together. A guy just might want to put those coins to use somewhere else in his engine or boat etc. Me putting it together is still an option
    So Info... how much would it cost a peep to make the trip out to Tulsa and assemble the short block under the watchfull eye of the Marine Assault Engine guru???

Infomaniac
    when does this deal start up info
    Whenever you are ready man.

Infomaniac
    So Info... how much would it cost a peep to make the trip out to Tulsa and assemble the short block under the watchfull eye of the Marine Assault Engine guru???
    Whatever it cost you to travel out here dude.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast