Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own or have a double decker trailer made?

Punisher
    Hi everyone,
    Im sort of new around here but not to the boating world..I own a 1976 21' Cheetah jet boat and my brother owns a 1978 19' Witchcraft jet boat...I also own a waverunner =X (2002 Yamaha FX 140).Right now we only have two tow rigs/two drivers and 3 trailers to tow.So i was wondering if anyone out there has made their own double decker trailer to hold a waverunner on top.I have the welding/fabrication skills,I am just looking for some input on how I am going to make the trailer.Here are a few pics of what i want to do with my trailer.If you have a double decker trailer,can you take some pics of the of the trailer?All and any info will be greatly appreciated.
    I want my trailer to look something like this
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...n/42699585.jpg
    or this
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...n/42617711.jpg
    here are my plans for the boat trailer
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...sports1500.jpg
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...cpics01011.jpg

21rayson
    i have one that i took off a hoss trailer. if interested pm me.

Punisher
    i tried sending you a PM but i dont know if it went through...If you can email me at dwnriteflp@aol.com with pictures of the trailer,it would be greatly appreciated

21rayson
    i tried sending you a PM but i dont know if it went through...If you can email me at dwnriteflp@aol.com with pictures of the trailer,it would be greatly appreciatedi will dig up the pictures today and send them.

plaster dave
    contact Evo22 he owns a trail fab. company

Bre
    yeah call evo22 661-286-9997 ask for Brian or Alan.

coolchange
    Don't think I'd be doin that to a rolled c channel trailer.

Punisher
    Don't think I'd be doin that to a rolled c channel trailer.
    even if i box the entire trailer?

coolchange
    You want to add 1k pounds load to a 30 year old trailer? What axles? Springs are new or are they ready to break now? Box it? Sounds good but by the time you've done that you could build a new tube frame. Gonna hang the rack on the outside of the steps? Lot of leverage there. Not bustin yer chops but its always good to get others opinions even if they are FOS. :wink:

Punisher
    You want to add 1k pounds load to a 30 year old trailer? What axles? Springs are new or are they ready to break now? Box it? Sounds good but by the time you've done that you could build a new tube frame. Gonna hang the rack on the outside of the steps? Lot of leverage there. Not bustin yer chops but its always good to get others opinions even if they are FOS. :wink:
    no harm done...I know what youre saying about the weight being an issue and the fact that i still have the stock axles and leaf springs.I would build a new tube trailer but i dont have access to a bender.Also the rack wont be mounted on the outside of the steps like its shown in the other pics,but on the inside of the rails on the trailer if that makes any sense...Thanks for the opinion and all/any other opinions are greatly welcomed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast