Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best route?

CandyA$$
    We are going to be driving from San Diego to La Habra ( Los Angeles), leaving at about 4:45am to be there before 8:30am
    I have been given 4 different routes.
    1. 5N to 57N to 60W
    2. 15N to 60W
    3. 15N to 90 to 57 (mapquest)
    4. 5N to 90 to 57 (mapquest)
    What would be the best way to go to get the least amount of traffic?

BoatPI
    Use #1 but exit the 57 at Imperial Highway, the Brea Maill exit. Go West (left) and into La Habra. Imperial is towards the southern border of the city.

CandyA$$
    Thank you
    So stay off the 60, huh??
    I need to get to Hacienda Rd exit off the 60 though???

piper
    At that time the traffic is going the other way. Go 5N to 57N to 60W. The only traffic you'll see will be on the 60 FWY because everyone is heading towards L.A. but from the 57/60 interchange you'll only be about 6 miles away from your exit.

BoatPI
    If ypou use my route it should take about 2 hours leaving at 4:30 am. The 60 fwy is way north and over the Heights mountain.

CandyA$$
    If ypou use my route it should take about 2 hours leaving at 4:30 am. The 60 fwy is way north and over the Heights mountain.
    Hey guys thanks.
    We are leaving in between 4 and 4:30am.
    I am going route #1, but I will look it up about the imperial Hwy thing, to make sure we do not end up in the wrong area.
    I am hoping we miss most of the traffic. I HATE TRAFFIC! I guess that is why I do not live in LA. LOL

Chubby4Life
    Candya$$, I would follow BoatPI's direction. It's pointless to go over the hill to the 60, travel 8 miles then go back over the hill again! (8 miles of traffic at 6:30 AM will be hell. ) Exiting on Imperial Hwy. or Lambert will save about 30-45 mins. easy.

CandyA$$
    Candya$$, I would follow BoatPI's direction. It's pointless to go over the hill to the 60, travel 8 miles then go back over the hill again! (8 miles of traffic at 6:30 AM will be hell. ) Exiting on Imperial Hwy. or Lambert will save about 30-45 mins. easy.
    So here's a question, Imperial Hwy, this is a highway or does it have street lights?
    I need to get to Hacienda Rd. Does this get me to Hacienda Rd?

Badger301
    So here's a question, Imperial Hwy, this is a highway or does it have street lights?
    I need to get to Hacienda Rd. Does this get me to Hacienda Rd?
    Street Lights. and Yes

CandyA$$
    Street Lights. and Yes
    Ummm I am thinking it would be better to stay on the freeway, then????
    I am not the greatest with directions, so the easiest and quickest is best for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast