Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teaser clip of some "real" jetboat racing ...

Rampager
    I posted before that I just got back from navigating for a buddy on the Salmon River Race in Idaho. Here's a teaser of what its like to race the whitewater. Its a very rough edit but gives you a bit of an idea. I can honestly say its alot rougher than it appears on the low quality clip (watch the movement of the helmets) You just can't see the green rollers but trust me they were huge in spots! (I'm on the right, boat#22)
    Cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSEJWd8IFA

Ken F
    Great Video!!!!
    God, that looks like fun. How far do you guys run in a day???
    Ken

I really love those videos . I just hope there is some footage from outside the boat as well .
    -beerjet-

Rampager
    Ken wait till i get the full video done, you won't believe this stuff on a full screen with full quality
    The Salmon course changed 2 years ago and its currently about 8.5 miles to a leg, we were scheduled to run that 6 times Sat and 4 Sun but weather caused the race to be called after 3 legs sat after a few boats almost flipped in the wind, it was really whistling thru that canyon! It then snowed in the evening (we figured you guys just wanted to make us Canadians feel at home hehe)
    relatively speaking its a pretty short marathon race. Some legs can be 50+ miles long at other races which can be very punishing on high HP motors. I can honestly say that this 8 miles or so can be very punishing in its own way. The rapid "Time Zone" just before that bridge really needs to be seen to be apreciated. Drive thru it the wrong way and you're taking home some free dents in your hull courtesy of the Salmon river(if you're lucky!)! Several boats have been lost over the years at that rapid(one last year). We heard half of the bow section of that boat washed up on shore about 3 miles downstream....... 2 months later :jawdrop:
    The race was such a rush, next year in my tunnel..........

canuck1
    I posted before that I just got back from navigating for a buddy on the Salmon River Race in Idaho. Here's a teaser of what its like to race the whitewater. Its a very rough edit but gives you a bit of an idea. I can honestly say its alot rougher than it appears on the low quality clip (watch the movement of the helmets) You just can't see the green rollers but trust me they were huge in spots! (I'm on the right, boat#22)
    Cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSEJWd8IFA
    The race has been over for almost two weeks and thats all ya got???
    J/K Looks good....

Rampager
    Haha C1 I had to buy a 300GB hard drive just to capture all the tapes I had lol
    I didn't get as much race footage as I'd like. its reaaaally hard to orchestrate camera's on other boats and our own while trying to actually do what the navigator is expected to do(yes they do actually do stuff) and "race". The missing legs and a few tech issues with equipment made us "loose" some legs too. Its really something thats a full time job. I did get quite a bit of cool footage running the Colorado river before the race weekend and will put some of that together too. In time , in time.... haha
    Incidentally the 300Gb drive is over 3/4 full
    :jawdrop:

canuck1
    Haha C1 I had to buy a 300GB hard drive just to capture all the tapes I had lol
    I didn't get as much race footage as I'd like. its reaaaally hard to orchestrate camera's on other boats and our own while trying to actually do what the navigator is expected to do(yes they do actually do stuff) and "race". The missing legs and a few tech issues with equipment made us "loose" some legs too. Its really something thats a full time job. I did get quite a bit of cool footage running the Colorado river before the race weekend and will put some of that together too. In time , in time.... haha
    Incidentally the 300Gb drive is over 3/4 full
    :jawdrop:
    Good racer.....Good excuses....
    Sounds like you had a good time...

Rampager
    Haha yea well that too
    ...plus Dale forgot to push the record button on his first leg with the camera , he was too busy worrying about I dunno winning or something silly, pffffttt (he did)

CARLSON-JET
    video deos eat up alot of HDD. it's amazing how it fits on a dvd after it is all done.. cool vid... R.B.

Aluminum Squirt
    Excellent video Rampager, I especially like the Tool, is that the new album that came out this week? I'm jealous, I want to race is some real water, the Feather and Yuba are wearing me out.....no big water. You just got me very motivated to save some more money for my ZZ4. The #22 boat appears to be a SJ, but it didn't sound like one. Was it? My hearing isn't so good, but it sounded like an FX boat. Keep the videos coming those are outstanding. Maybe we can start turning some of the fiberglass guys to the dark side-Aluminum Squirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast