Thread: My tow rigs Tow Rig

hondajoey
    Truck broke down and had to pull it home with the wifes 1/2 ton, and before i hear a bunch of chevy crap talk this has been the best truck i have ever owned, with out a problem untill yesteday. turns out the crank sensor went out on it, back to running fine. 01 GMC dually with a 8.1 towed by a 01 Chevy with a 5.3.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...71100_9382.JPG

LAFD
    Trailor Tongue A Little Close To The Ground? Did Ya Hit At All?

hondajoey
    it hit a coulpe of times not too bad, the wifes truck pulled it better than i thought it was going to,

Just Tool'n
    On that if you are going to do the sensor yourself, I think you need a scan tool to do a crank re-learn.

hondajoey
    I droped it off at a shop and my work pays for the repairs. they had it finished up for me yesterday.

Danhercules
    I got me a Chevy with 225K on her, RUNNIN GREAT!!!!!!

HighRoller
    I'm assuming the 496 gets poor mileage, but how is it power-wise? Do you have the Allison behind it? What gears?

wsuwrhr
    Now that ain't somethin you see everyday, usually the dually is doing the towing.
    Brian

piper
    Looks like you were cutting it close with the size of the truck and the size of the trailer. I'm a Chevy owner and I love my truck.

hondajoey
    I'm assuming the 496 gets poor mileage, but how is it power-wise? Do you have the Allison behind it? What gears?
    I mainly drive on the freeway and with the exhaust and intake done i get 11-12 if i keep my foot out of it, runs great with the allison and 4:10's, i cruse at about 65-70, and i can tow anything i want with it, i use it for work alot and tow construction equipment around,. It has 92,000 on her now with out any major problems.
    I have had several Chevys and GMC's and this has been the best truck i have owned yet.
    It wasnt the ideal towing set up but it actually pulled it better than you would espected. i wouldnt want to pull it much further than i did though.