Thread: The 25-cent Vacation Saver

Hemicbx
    So I hauled the boat out to my parents place for a couple days of skiing at all the old haunts. We plopped the thing in Monday morning and after about 10 minutes, my kids are holding their feet above the ever deepening water on the floor of the boat; and they say it's hot . So I blow back to the dock and find this:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...itting-med.JPG
    My cooling water dump had fatigued, corroded, or whatever right on the inside of the transom. So all of my cooling water was being very nicely dumped into the bilge.
    Of the 3 boat shops that used to be out there, one was gone and the other 2 were closed on Mondays. So like any good jet boater I went to the local plubing supply shop and found this baby http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...mbing_part.JPG
    The barbed portion was the same OD as the original hull fitting so I pushed it in from the outside with a little cheap silicone on it, re-attached the hose and had two fantastic days of skiing.
    Hemicbx
    P.S. The new polished water dumps are on the way from Rex.

GUGS102
    I did the same thing, Backed off the trailer, lit it up 30 seconds later water pouring from the whole where forgot to put in the temp sender in the front of the intake. Before I left the house, I'd run it for a short while on the trailer, with no water, and decided it was good to go.
    I tried twisting a sock in the hole which actually worked until 3000rpms. Finally found a spare 1/2 pipe boat plug, saved the trip, won't make that mistake again. :hammerhea

SmokinLowriderSS
    I had a closer one similar. Taylor Broken Bow Bash end of June, blazing from marina to camp (3 miles)
    I started slowly loosing RPM's, made it to camp at 4,000 down from 4600, and noticed hot water in my floor. (steam was choking her off) Hit the pump, tied her off, hauled the hood open, and found the L/H inlet line to my log had blown off the log. I had had it off re-installing the Alt the night before and (it was tight) the clamp was on TOP of the bulb-end of the fitting instead of on the rediced part so full power pressure and vibration blew it off. I had hot water dumping out from the other side feeding across the block into the log as well as cold water being dumped direct into the bilge. Took about 15 min, a screwdriver, and a couple of minor burns and we were good to go the entire weekend.

BrendellaJet
    Ive got one- Running up riverfrom needles to laughlin in mid October. my bro is riding his wave runner. Wife is in the boat and she notices some water. I look back and :supp: water is past the back seat and is rising fast. Its all good I think, hit the bilge for a few minutes and its good. Nope, pump exit line is clogged :hammer2: I thought my boat was going to sink by the time I realized the bilge was not functioning. Pulled over on the sand and figured it out. That was the wifes first boating trip, and her last. I took it all apart to rebuild everything over 2 years ago, slowly its getting closer to getting wet again.