Thread: pump change question

'78Konajet
    I am running the original Berkeley JF pump in my boat and I recently acquired a complete JG pump. I am anxious to convert to the split bowl but my question is should i just swap bowls or is it also worth swapping the suction piece? Does swapping the suction piece require cutting or modifying the hull?

Squirtin Thunder
    I am running the original Berkeley JF pump in my boat and I recently acquired a complete JG pump. I am anxious to convert to the split bowl but my question is should i just swap bowls or is it also worth swapping the suction piece? Does swapping the suction piece require cutting or modifying the hull?
    Yes it does require modifing the hull. I would just try the bowl change and other mods first.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    is this danny????

Duane HTP
    If you're running a low HP deal, it won't make much difference. If you have a lot of HP, it is definitely worth the switch. The E Series can't do what the G Series can do with HP.

'78Konajet
    Sounds like i should just swap bowls, is this pretty straightforward aside from rerouting cables?

'78Konajet
    is this danny????
    Nope, its Mike

Duane HTP
    Depends upon wheather you are going to use the jetovator or go with a regular type diverter. I suggest going with an American Turbine, Aggressor, or Place Diverter along with the change. The end results will be a lot better. That way you will get away from all of the boot and cable bind problems associated with an F Series set up when changing wedges, droops, Snoots or such. Check your PM.