Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlaw Drag Boat Race Ft. Cobb Oklahoma

sdba069
    Hey info.... you are way overdue to show back up down here. I don't do the big cookout anymore. Found out that inviting people down for that, basically makes me responsible for anything that happens in the park that weekend. To get a special events permit, I have to get liability insurance, which is about $2000. So , I'm just an innocent camper. I'm sure we will have a little food around and you can eat with us. Thinking pretty hard about making the Ft. Cobb deal, been about 5 years since I've been there, maybe longer. First year, they ran me in the modified class and there wasn't much competition. Then they started making me run in the unlimited class and they still couldn't get us. i figured quit while you are ahead. They have some pretty hard running boats up there these days. Gettin it done in that little Mirage jet with one carb on gas and no nitrous was cool. That was the same motor that was in it when we ran at Plowman's, but no NOS. Let me know if you decide to go.

DUECE'SDAD
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    What's this about? I just got the engine in it yesterday and still don't know if it will run. :hammer2:
    Besides how intimidating can I be if it takes me over 5 years to put a boat together? http://www.v-driveboat.com/gallery.p...to&photoid=732 http://www.v-driveboat.com/gallery.p...o&photoid=1728
    I figured i would razzle you a little, since i know how bad you have been wanting to meet up with all of us here on the boards, i figure the one time you can make it we would all stay home ! ! ! Hope to see you there. My tattoo guy says he is moving back to withcita (sp) and i will be making monthly if not weekly trips back up that way, isnt that in your area ? ? If so i might have to look you up or drag the boat on one trip up and catch a test and tune with you before the race.

Carnivalride
    I figured i would razzle you a little, since i know how bad you have been wanting to meet up with all of us here on the boards, i figure the one time you can make it we would all stay home ! ! ! Hope to see you there. My tattoo guy says he is moving back to withcita (sp) and i will be making monthly if not weekly trips back up that way, isnt that in your area ? ? If so i might have to look you up or drag the boat on one trip up and catch a test and tune with you before the race.
    Yeah let me know when your coming up and I'll PM you a phone number. I live between Derby & Haysville (basically suburbs of Wichita). Cheney and El Dorado are both pretty easy to get to in about an hour for me. It's almost D-day! I'll probably fire that engine tonight and see if it'll run or not??? :idea: :idea: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12