Thread: Trim Switch Wiring

PC Rat
    Anyone have a wiring diagram for the steering wheel mounted switch for the hydraulic Place Diverter. I'm particularly interested in what diodes I need and which wires they go in.
    Thanks,
    Brian

CVX20Dustin
    I called Place Diverter and they would not tell me what diode said it was special and said Radio Shack or any other elec. store would not have it. They sold me the diodes ( no marking on them) and instrucions. I think I paid 25.00 for it. Make sure when your wiring the switch up to run the power and ground all the way to the battery or it will make your stereo pop evey time you hit the button. If you still need the wiring diagram I can get it later today.

flat broke
    I called Place Diverter and they would not tell me what diode said it was special and said Radio Shack or any other elec. store would not have it. They sold me the diodes ( no marking on them) and instrucions. I think I paid 25.00 for it. Make sure when your wiring the switch up to run the power and ground all the way to the battery or it will make your stereo pop evey time you hit the button. If you still need the wiring diagram I can get it later today.
    I can tell you the statement about the radio shack diodes is BS. When we were rigging Hack Jobs new SW20, the diode kit had a faulty diode and inproper orrientation on one leg of the wiring. Had we not been working on it on a Sunday, I'm sure we would have gotten a replacement without any hassle. But being that it was on a Sunday, and the diverter was the last thing on the list on the electrical system, we wanted it done. PM Hack Job as he should have a wiring diagram he could shoot you, and the value of the diodes we bought from Radio Shack.
    Good luck,
    Chris

I can tell you the statement about the radio shack diodes is BS. When we were rigging Hack Jobs new SW20, the diode kit had a faulty diode and inproper orrientation on one leg of the wiring. Had we not been working on it on a Sunday, I'm sure we would have gotten a replacement without any hassle. But being that it was on a Sunday, and the diverter was the last thing on the list on the electrical system, we wanted it done. PM Hack Job as he should have a wiring diagram he could shoot you, and the value of the diodes we bought from Radio Shack.
    Good luck,
    Chris
    Agreed. I've been in the electronics business (tech) for sixteen years. Those guys just told an out and out lie! The way they tell it, it's like the diodes are specially made for them or something. Pulllleeeezze.
    The diodes from any electronics supply house are probably .50 cents apiece.
    Lying (or mis-informed bastards).

capt ron
    assume this trim setup and diode bull could be the cause of my gauge reversal

hack job
    you have pm :wink:

American Turbine Man
    Call 800 622 JETS I can fax or e-mail you a wiring diagram. We use a bridge rectifier but are switching to a couple of 6A diodes from Radio Shack. Ron ATM