Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Steel 467

BIGCHRIS
    SC,that is some great looking work What style boat are u going to put it in,also what kind of fuel are u going to run in it pump race or a mix

steelcomp
    SC,that is some great looking work What style boat are u going to put it in,also what kind of fuel are u going to run in it pump race or a mix
    Thanks BigChris...the motor's going in my Bahner tunnel hull, and I'll be running Trick 106 race gas.

BIGCHRIS
    Steelcomp,what would u say is the safest comp ratio u could run on pump fuel,I am wanting to do another motor over the winter and really step it up for my v drive just looking for different routes to go .I am not above running race fuel if i have to to some decent power

steelcomp
    Steelcomp,what would u say is the safest comp ratio u could run on pump fuel,I am wanting to do another motor over the winter and really step it up for my v drive just looking for different routes to go .I am not above running race fuel if i have to to some decent power
    Mostly depends on the chamber and cam. Aluminum will be way more forgiving, and having a good cam will be mandatory. If you have everything optimized, you could probably get away with 10.5-10.7. If this is something you're going to build on your own, and basically try and bolt off-the-shelf parts together, I'd keep it under 10:1. There's some VERY strong pump gas motors out there, and if I were to do it over again, I'd be there. 12.5:1 is really a tease when it comes to compression. It's not enough to really take advantage of having high compression and good race gas, but it pretty much eliminates any possibility of runnig pump gas. The guy to talk to would be Dave at DNE. He's got a good program for pump gas motors. I've seen some of the dyno sheets on his pump gas motors, and they're stout, to say the least.

BIGCHRIS
    Mostly depends on the chamber and cam. Aluminum will be way more forgiving, and having a good cam will be mandatory. If you have everything optimized, you could probably get away with 10.5-10.7. If this is something you're going to build on your own, and basically try and bolt off-the-shelf parts together, I'd keep it under 10:1. There's some VERY strong pump gas motors out there, and if I were to do it over again, I'd be there. 12.5:1 is really a tease when it comes to compression. It's not enough to really take advantage of having high compression and good race gas, but it pretty much eliminates any possibility of runnig pump gas. The guy to talk to would be Dave at DNE. He's got a good program for pump gas motors. I've seen some of the dyno sheets on his pump gas motors, and they're stout, to say the least.
    Comp thanx,I have always done my own work as far as assembly and coming up with decent combos but not in your class I would like to get a good proven combo that would work well in my v drive

BrendellaJet
    my DNE motor will be over 11:1 and will run on 91. Ill be mixing, but Ill know in a pinch 91 will do.

steelcomp
    bump

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678